|Founders||Anthony A. Martino|
|Headquarters||Charlotte, NC, USA|
|Area served||USA, Canada, Puerto Rico|
|Key people||Jonathan Fitzpatrick, CEO
Steve Jackson, CFO
|Products||Collision repair, Auto painting|
|Net income||13.5 million|
|Parent||Driven Brands, Inc.|
MAACO Franchising, Inc. owns, operates, and franchises a network of car painting, and collision and auto body repair centers in the United States. Its car painting services include whole car painting, spot painting, and clear coating; and collision and auto body repair services comprise surface repair, dent repair, and bumper repair and replacement. MAACO Franchising, Inc. was formerly known as MAACO Enterprises, Inc. The company was founded in 1972 and is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. As of October 21, 2008, MAACO Franchising, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Driven Brands, Inc.
MAACO has been serving communities across the country and internationally since 1972 and now harbors nearly 500 franchises, servicing more than 12,500 vehicles per week, 650,000 per year – more than any other brand in North America. The MAACO brand offers a franchise opportunity that affords you freedom, stability, pride, and most of all, security for you and your family.
Dubbed “America’s Body Shop” and renowned worldwide, the 20 million vehicles that MAACO has repaired since 1972 could create a traffic jam 15 lanes wide from New York all the way to Los Angeles. In terms of sales, MAACO is the North America’s number one aftermarket franchise in unit sales.
In 1972, Martino opened a pilot auto painting center in Wilmington, Delaware. He chose the name MAACO (pronounced 'may-ko'), which is an abbreviation of his initials and company - Martino, Anthony A. and Co. The new company grew quickly, with close to 200 franchises open in less than five years.
In October, 2008, Driven Brands of Charlotte, N.C., a holding company which also manages Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc., Econo Lube N' Tune, AutoQual and Aero Colours, purchased Maaco outright from Martino's family after his death in January 2008. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
MAACO Franchising, Inc., has been cited numerous times by Entrepreneur magazine as #1 in its category in the Annual Franchise 500 survey.
In 2012, MAACO Canada was recognized as the Bronze winner of the 2012 Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) Award of Excellence in Franchising.
MAACO franchises operate under the name MAACO Collision Repair & Auto Painting.
In April 2013, MAACO underwent a massive re-branding effort paired with new advertising campaigns. The new image work is designed to reinvent the consumer relationship by adding the positive, emotional benefits of car ownership through the essence of transformation—the "MAACOVER"—to the brand's strong value proposition. While rebranding efforts contain traditional media, this campaign kicks off with the concept of a "#MAACOVER," and is rooted in social interaction via Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook to create a new type of conversation with MAACO® customers.
Maaco in Pop Culture
2013 - Maaco partners with Sports Endeavors, Inc.'s SOCCER.COM, the biggest supplier of soccer apparel and equipment in the U.S., to offer soccer families, fans and players the opportunity to win a great start for the fall season.
- "Hoover's - MAACO Financial Information - Financials". Hoovers.com. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "Maaco Official Website". maaco.com. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "MAACO Ranks #1 in it's category in the Annual Franchise 500 survey". entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "Maaco Systems Canada Receives Franchise Excellence Award". autosphere.ca. 2012-04-07. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "MAACOVER". prnewssire.com. 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "MAACO Announces 10 Millionth Vehicle Painted". Theautochannel.com. 1997-03-20. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "PHILADELPHIA BUSINESS A CRASH PROGRAM FOR GROWTH MAACO CHAIN SEEKS TO REPOSITION ITSELF". Philadelphia Inquirer. May 22, 1989. pp. C01. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- "Robert Stack - IMBD". imdb.com. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "Craig T. Nelson - IMBD". imdb.com. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "Pete Rose to Appear in Maaco Ads". ap.org. 1999-12-02. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "Burt Reynolds - IMBD". imdb.com. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "MAACO new sponsor of Las Vegas Bowl". UPI. April 15, 2009. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- "Maaco partners with Soccer.com". franchising.com. 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2014-09-20.