|Initial release||July 2001|
|Stable release||9.5 / December 22, 2010|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows|
|Available in||International languages via IAN, localizations for English, Japanese.|
|Type||ALM, RM, SCM, Quality, Agile|
Integrity, a PTC Product is a software system lifecycle management (SSLM) and application lifecycle management (ALM) platform developed by MKS Inc. and was first released in 2001. The software is client/server, with both desktop (java/swing) and web client interfaces. It provides software development organizations with a collaborative environment in which they can manage the end-to-end processes of development, from requirements management, engineering change management, revision control, and build management to test management and software deployment as well as associated reports & metrics.
MKS Integrity allows software development teams to track all aspects of their work, including work items, source control, reporting, and build management, in a single product. The product consists of two components - MKS Source and MKS Integrity. The source control part of MKS is based on client-server architecture. Thick Java client doesn't store any versioning data on local system and any task performed on source files requires network connection. This means that, unlike distributed systems, this system requires reliable network connection, enough network bandwidth and enough processing power on server side. The other component (MKS Integrity) is Issue tracking system.
MKS Integrity is built around a single repository. This single-repository solution supports the three pillars of lifecycle management — traceability, process automation, and reporting and analytics and some companies may see additional value in this approach.
Integration of MKS Integrity with IDEs and other development tools is limited to few products. Supported IDEs include Eclipse and Visual Studio. Also supported is IBM i. There also exists support for MKS in Apache Maven.
MKS Integrity was previously known under different brands, including MKS Source, MKS Integrity Manager, Implementer (for IBM i) and others. These were consolidated under a single brand, with the release of MKS Integrity 2007 in July 2007.
- "PTC Sets New Standard for Managing Hardware and Software Development Lifecycles with MKS Integrity Acquisition".
- Carey Schwaber, Forrester Research, Inc. August 2006, The Changing Face of Application Lifecycle Management
- Joe Farah, CM Crossroads, January 2010, CM: THE NEXT GENERATION - The 2010s
- mks.com, May 29, 2008, "MKS Delivers Industry Leading Software Change and Configuration Management (SCCM) Capabilities into Eclipse"
- mks.com, April 30, 2009, "MKS Drives Productivity and Transparency for Visual Studio Development"
- MKS Integrity 2007 Leads ALM 2.0 Revolution
- MKS Integrity
- Product Overview Page for MKS Integrity
- Supported Versions, Platforms, & Integrations
- MKS Customer Community Portal