|Born||Melanie Ann Weston
26 July 1979
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Partner(s)||Shannon Bennett (2005–present)|
Madeleine West (born 26 July 1979) is an Australian actress from Melbourne, Australia. Known for her TV roles, having played Dee Bliss on the Australian soap opera Neighbours from 2000–2003, high-class escort Mel on Satisfaction from 2007 to 2010, and as Dimity on House Husbands since 2012.
Born Melanie Ann Weston, West was raised in Woodend. She attended Woodend Primary School and eight high schools because her family followed her stepfather's engineering work around the country. West began performing in front of family and friends at an early age. In 1992, she entered the New South Wales Talented Child Drama Ensemble and later studied at Swinburne University of Technology, Tamworth Conservatorium of Music, and Riverina Drama Ensemble.
After commencing a degree in Law at Deakin University, West deferred her studies indefinitely to turn to acting. In 1999, West was awarded the 'Be Your Best' Performance Scholarship from the Australian Drug Foundation. West's amateur theatre credits include Arsenic and Old Lace, Night Reflections, Theatre in the Raw, Bye Bye Birdie, and Snow Queen.
West joined the cast of Neighbours as Dee Bliss in 1999. Two years later, she was nominated for the "Most Popular New Female Talent" Logie Award. In March 2003, it was announced West was to leave Neighbours after her contract expired. She filmed her final scenes in early April.
In 2011, West joined the cast of Winners & Losers in the recurring role of Deidre Gross. West previously turned down a role with the show due to being heavily pregnant with her third child. In 2013, West began appearing in series two of House Husbands as Dimity.
It was announced in late 2013 that she would be reprising her role of Danielle McGuire in the sequel/spin-off series Fat Tony & Co. which will not be placed under the Underbelly franchise (due to financing reasons) and will focus on the rise and fall of Tony Mokbel, who also featured in the original series, played by Robert Mammone.
West has been in a relationship with Shannon Bennett, a restaurateur, since 2005. The couple have four children together; Phoenix (born December 2005), Hendrix (born April 2008), Xascha (born July 2010) and Xanthe (born 2012). West commented that the Xs in the names did not start out as intentional.
In July 2002, West was hit by a bus in Sydney. The actress was also robbed while she was unconscious. West needed reconstructive plastic surgery and had to be written out of Neighbours. She returned to the show a month later.
- The Condemned (2007) – as Sarah
- Last Man Standing, (2005, Season 1, Episode 16) – as Janie
- You and Your Stupid Mate (2005) – as Emma
- Hercules (2005) – as Hippolyta
- Big Reef – as Casey Lane
- Stingers – "The River of No Return" – as Rochelle
- Neighbours – as Dione 'Dee' Bliss
- Satisfaction (2007–2010) – as Mel
- Underbelly (2008) – as Danielle McGuire
- Canal Road (2008)
- Anti-Theft – as Kelly Born
- House Husbands (2012-present) as Dimity
- Fat Tony & Co. (TV Series)(2014) - as Danielle McGuire
- Brygel, Jackie (9 August 2000). "Law unto herself; FACTfile". Melbourne Herald-Sun. p. H5. Accessed 25 November 2011 via LexisNexis Academic.
- Miller, Megan (1 June 2013). "Madeleine West has the looks of a sex kitten, talks like an academic and has four kids to one of our top chefs". Herald Sun. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Madeleine West". ICMI. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- Courtis, Brian (22 April 2001). "Time for hottest show in town". The Age (Fairfax Media). p. 12. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- Randall, Tim (1 March 2003). "Soap gossip...". Daily Record (Trinity Mirror). Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- Miller, Kylie (10 April 2003). "Networking". The Age (Fairfax Media). p. 14. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- Vickery, Colin (26 July 2011). "West's pregnant pause". The Sunday Times (News Limited). Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Neighbours star back after being hit by bus". Breaking News.ie (Thomas Crosbie Holdings). 4 August 2002. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- Madeleine West at the Internet Movie Database
- Profile from Neighbours
- Madeleine West's character Mel from Satisfaction