Mark Davies (bishop of Middleton)
|The Rt Revd
|Bishop of Middleton|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Manchester|
|Installed||27 April 2008|
|Other posts||Archdeacon of Rochdale (2006–2008)|
|Consecration||25 April 2008|
|Born||12 May 1962|
|Residence||The Hollies, Rochdale|
|Alma mater||University of Leeds|
His first pastoral appointment was as a curate at St Mary's Church in Barnsley from 1989 to 1992, after which he served as the Priest-in-Charge at St Paul’s Church, Old Town, Barnsley from 1992 to 1995. His next appointment was as Rector of Hemsworth from 1995 to 2006. Whilst at Hemsworth, he was a Vocations Advisor and Assistant Director of Ordinands for the Diocese of Wakefield from 1998 to 2006, and Rural Dean of Pontefract and member of the General Synod from 2000 to 2006. He was also an Honorary Canon of Wakefield Cathedral from 2002 to 2006.
He was nominated Bishop of Middleton on 10 March 2008 in succession to the Right Reverend Michael Lewis who was translated to the Anglican Diocese of Cyprus and the Gulf. At the time of his appointment, he was the Church’s youngest Bishop.
Davies' residence is The Hollies, Manchester Road, Rochdale in Greater Manchester. He has immediate Episcopal concern over all of the Archdeaconry of Rochdale, and, within the Archdeaconry of Manchester, the deaneries of the city of Manchester.
Davies is married to Joanne and they have one son. It was announced on 30 May 2012 that Davies and his wife of 21 years are to divorce. His interests include literature, music, food, walking and gardening.
- Mark Davies Esq (1962–1989)
- The Revd Mark Davies (1989–2002)
- The Revd Canon Mark Davies (2002–2006)
- The Ven Mark Davies (2006–2008)
- The Rt Revd Mark Davies (2008–present)
- "Suffragan See of Middleton". Number10. 10 March 2008.[dead link]
- Who's Who 2012 – Middleton, Bishop Suffragan of
- "Bishop of Middleton". Diocese of Manchester. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
- Andy Russell (11 March 2008). "New bishops in pledge". Manchester Evening News.
- Fr Andrew Teather (10 March 2008). "The New Bishop of Middleton". Anglican Wanderings. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
- "Making History at York" (PDF). CRUX (Diocese of Manchester) 38 (9): pp. 8–9. June 2008.
- "A triple Bishop making". BBC Manchester. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
- "Provincial Directory: Manchester". Anglican Communion Official Website. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
- "New Greater Manchester bishops revealed". Rochdale Online. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Middleton