Born in 1814 and educated at Merton College, Oxford, he was ordained into the priesthood in 1838. His first posts were curacies in Bolton, St Martin-in-the-Fields and Cranford after which he was appointed Vicar of Gretton[disambiguation needed]. He then began a long association with Peterborough Cathedral firstly as a Canon  then Chancellor  and finally Dean. His son was later a priest.
- The Times, Nov 21, 1892; pg. 9; Issue 33801; col E Obituary:The Dean Of Peterborough
- "Canon Marsham Argles". The Family History of Katherine Anne Sandison. Anne Horner. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- “Who was Who”1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- Canons of the 2nd Prebend, Peterborough
- Contributions to preserving Cathedral’s heritage
- Details of son.
|Church of England titles|
John James Stewart Perowne
|Dean of Peterborough
William Clavell Ingram
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|