Marvel Science Stories
Marvel Science Stories was a pulp magazine which published a total of fifteen issues in two separate runs. It appeared in August 1938, and the first run lasted until April 1941; it was revived in November 1950 for a further six issues. The last issue was dated May 1952. The editor was Robert O. Erisman. Contributors to the first run included Henry Kuttner and Jack Williamson; the second run published stories by Jack Vance and L. Sprague de Camp, among others. From May to November 1951 the magazine was converted to a digest format, but it reverted to pulp size for the final issue.
- Joseph Marchesani, "Marvel Science Stories", in Tymn & Ashley, Science Fiction, Fantasy and Weird Fiction Magazines, pp. 398–401.
- Ashley, Mike (2000). The Time Machines:The Story of the Science-Fiction Pulp Magazines from the beginning to 1950. Liverpool: Liverpool University Press. ISBN 0-85323-865-0.
- Ashley, Mike (2005). Transformations:The Story of the Science-Fiction Magazines from 1950 to 1970. Liverpool: Liverpool University Press. ISBN 0-85323-779-4.
- Clute, John; Grant, John (1997). The Encyclopedia of Fantasy. New York: St. Martin's Press, Inc. ISBN 0-312-15897-1.
- Clute, John; Nicholls, Peter (1993). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. New York: St. Martin's Press, Inc. ISBN 0-312-09618-6.
- Tymn, Marshall B.; Ashley, Mike (1985). Science Fiction, Fantasy and Weird Fiction Magazines. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. ISBN 0-313-21221-X.