MasterChef: The Professionals
|MasterChef: The Professionals|
|Written by||Franc Roddam|
Monica Galetti (2009–)
Marcus Wareing (2014-)
Michel Roux, Jr. (2008–13)
|Narrated by||India Fisher (2008–10)
Sean Pertwee (2011–)
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||6 (aired to date)|
|No. of episodes||140 (inc. 2 specials to date)|
|Executive producer(s)||Franc Roddam
|Running time||30 or 60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Shine Television|
|Original channel||BBC Two|
|Original run||25 August 2008– present|
MasterChef: The Professionals is a BBC television competitive cooking show aired on BBC Two. It is a spin-off from the main MasterChef series, for professional working chefs. Introduced in 2008, Gregg Wallace and India Fisher reprised their roles as co-judge and voiceover respectively. MasterChef judge John Torode was replaced by Michel Roux, Jr., a two-Michelin-star chef, assisted, from 2009, by his sous-chef Monica Galetti. Since 2011, Sean Pertwee has taken over Fisher's role as voiceover.
An Australian version, MasterChef Australia: The Professionals, was aired in 2013.
Series 1 (2008)
Derek Johnstone won the first series on 19 September 2008, and went on to take a job with Michel Roux Jr at Le Gavroche restaurant in London.
Series 2 (2009)
The second series began on 14 September 2009 at 8:30 pm on BBC2 and was won by Steve Groves on 22 October 2009. On 6 June 2010 the series was awarded a BAFTA in the Features category at the British Academy Television Awards 2010, fending off competition from The Choir, James May's Toy Stories and Heston's Feasts.
Series 3 (2010)
Series 4 (2011)
The fourth series began on 7 November 2011, with India Fisher's voiceover replaced with Sean Pertwee. The series concluded on 15 December 2011, with finalists Steve Barringer and Claire Hutchings being beaten by winner Ash Mair. Mair, 34, from Tasmania. He cooked a final three-course menu comprising a starter of roasted monkfish tail with lentils and Basque piperade; roast rump of lamb with braised lamb neck potato croquette; and a dessert of Spanish bread and butter pudding with vanilla parfait.
Series 5 (2012)
Series 5 was first broadcast on 5 November 2012, with the final aired on 13 December 2012. Sean Pertwee continued to provide the voiceover. The title was jointly awarded (for the first time in MasterChef history) to Anton Piotrowski, head chef of The Treby Arms, Plymouth and freelance event caterer Keri Moss of South London. The third finalist was Oli Boon.
Series 6 (2013)
Series 6 started in November 2013. In the final, broadcast on 12 December 2013, Steven Edwards was crowned the winner. The final task was to prepare a three-course meal for judges Roux Jr, Galetti and Wallace. The two other finalists were Scott Davies and Adam Handling.
Series 7 (2014)
Series 7 started in 4 November 2014. In the final, broadcast on the 23rd of December 2014, Jamie Scott was crowned victor. The other two finalists were Brian McLeish and Sven-Hanson Britt.
|Series||Start date||End date||Episodes|
|1||25 August 2008||19 September 2008||20|
|2||14 September 2009||22 October 2009||29|
|3||27 September 2010||2 November 2010||17|
|Special||8 November 2010 (Michel's Classics)||2|
|4||7 November 2011||15 December 2011||24|
|5||5 November 2012||13 December 2012|
|6||4 November 2013||12 December 2013|
|7||4 November 2014||23 December 2014||21|
- MasterChef: The Professionals Uncovered – A look at the highs and lows of the past five series of MasterChef: The Professionals; aired 27 February 2013
- "Michel Roux Jr leaves MasterChef: Professionals over business conflict". Digital Spy. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "MasterChef: The Professionals - Marcus Wareing joins as new judge". Digital Spy. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- Thomas, Liz (23 October 2009). "Masterchef: I almost quit cooking after my father's death, says winner Steve Groves". Daily Mail (London).
- "Claire Lara crowned winner of MasterChef: The Professionals". Daily Mail (London). 2 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "Pregnant Merseyside chef Claire Lara through to final of Masterchef: The Professionals – Wirral News". wirralnews.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- "Steve Barringer's recipes" on the BBC Food Website
- "Claire Hutchings's recipes" on the BBC Food Website
- "Ash Mair's recipes" on the BBC Food Website
- "Professional MasterChef winner is crowned". BBC News. 16 December 2011.
- Chris Harvey, "MasterChef: the Professionals, BBC One, who will win it?", The Telegraph, 15 December 2011
- Paul Martinovic (13 December 2012). "'MasterChef' finishes in a draw for the first time in history". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Professional MasterChef 2013 winner revealed". BBC Media Centre. 12 December 2013.
- "MasterChef: the Professionals, the final, review". Daily Telegraph. 12 December 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "MasterChef: The Professionals 2013 - Steven Edwards crowned winner". The Independent. 12 December 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Masterchef winner Jamie Scott's 'incredible' winning dish". BBC. 24 December 2014. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- MasterChef: The Professionals at BBC Programmes
- MasterChef: The Professionals at the Internet Movie Database
- Jamie Scott, a sous-chef winner of this season's MasterChef 24 Dec, 2014