||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2011)|
|31st Iowa Secretary of State|
January 14, 2011
|Preceded by||Michael Mauro|
|Born||July 23, 1979|
Matt Schultz (born July 23, 1979) is an attorney and the current Iowa Secretary of State. He is a Republican. He was a member of the Council Bluffs City Council, a position he held from 2005 to 2011. On October 31, 2009, he announced his candidacy for the office of secretary of state and challenged incumbent Democrat Michael Mauro for the position. He won the election with 47% of the vote to Mauro's 45% and took office in 2011.
Schultz is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He served a mission for the church in Argentina.
- Associates Degree, Brigham Young University-Idaho (2001) in behavioral sciences
- Bachelor's degree, University of Iowa (2003) in political science (with honors)
- Juris Doctorate degree, Creighton University School of Law (2006)
- Des Moines Register article on Schultz
- Mormon Times, June 19, 2010
- bio from Schultz' campaign page
- Des Moines Register, November 4, 2010
- Des Moines Register, November 3, 2010
- Des Moines Register, September 23, 2010