|Meera H Sanyal|
15 October 1961 |
Meera Sanyal (née Meera Hiranandani, born 15 October 1961) is a banking professional in India, and Aam Aadmi Party candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections from Mumbai South constituency .She contested as an independent candidate in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from the Mumbai South constituency and lost. She is President of LiberalsIndia for Good Governance - the Indian Liberal group, a not for profit think tank, that provides a platform for like minded Indian Liberals and Active Citizens to work towards improving the quality of life and state of Governance in India.
She is also on the international Board of Right to Play, a NGO that works with over one million children in more than 20 countries and uses the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity.
In 2011, Meera was invited by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to join the International Council on Women's Business Leadership (ICWBL) and took an active role in the Leadership sub-committee for the empowerment of women.
In recognition of her initiatives on Financial Inclusion & Sustainability, she has been appointed as a member of the National Executive Council of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), and chairs FICCI’s Financial Inclusion Committee. She is also a member of the National Councils for Banking & Finance, Public Policy and Women's safety of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) (CII).
Meera Sanyal is contesting the 2014 Indian Lok Sabha elections as a candidate of Aam Aadmi Party from Mumbai-South constituency.
- "Boardroom to ballot: The journey of ABN AMRO's Meera Sanyal - Moneycontrol.com". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- TATKE, SUKHADA (15 February 2014). "Meera Sanyal, Mayank Gandhi to contest from Mumbai". The HINNDU. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- Meera Sanyal to quit Royal Bank of Scotland for a full-time career in politics Economic Times, 10.4.2013
- Right to Play:President Liberals India for Good Governance – The Indian Liberals Group
- International Council on Women's Business Leadership Membership: U.S. Department of State
- "Meera Sanyal canvassing for AAP - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meera Sanyal.|