||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
|Birth name||Megan Georga Burns|
|Also known as||Betty Curse|
|Born||25 June 1986|
|Years active||Actress: 2000-present
Megan Burns (born 25 June 1986), also known as Betty Curse, is a British musician and actress.
Early life and acting career
Megan Burns was born in Liverpool, England. At age 11 her grandmother sent her to a drama class. From there she received a part in the film Liam (2000). She won the Marcello Mastroianni Award at the Venice Film Festival for her performance. Danny Boyle saw this and cast her in his film 28 Days Later, where she played Hannah, one of the survivors of a deadly epidemic.
Burns has since worked as a singer under the pseudonym Betty Curse, which was chosen by Island Records. Her first single release was a double A-side, "Met on the Internet" and "Excuse All the Blood", released 29 May 2006. Her first album Hear Lies was released on 31 October 2006 via iTunes. The CD version, Here Lies Betty Curse, was released in April 2007. The album's first single, "God This Hurts", was released in August 2007, shortly followed by "Girl with Yellow Hair" on 13 November. In 2006 she performed and won on a Halloween special of the children's television programme The Slammer with "Girl With Yellow Hair".
- 2006 Hear Lies — release 30 October (download only)
- 2006 Here Lies Betty Curse
- 2006 "Excuse All the Blood"
- 2006 "God This Hurts" UK No.116
- 2006 "Girl with Yellow Hair" UK No.132
- 2007 "Do You Mind (If I Cry)"
- Megan Burns "Betty Curse" (Vocals)
- Rich Curse (Guitar)
- Alex Curse (Guitar)
- Olly Curse (Bass)
- Dominic Curse (Drums)
- Shannon Curse (Backing Vocals)
- Tori Curse (Backing Vocals)
- "Message movies". The Irish Times. 16 September 2000. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- Westbrook, Caroline (1 November 2002). "Scares aplenty in 28 Days Later". BBC News. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- O'Neill, Sean; Hamilton, Fiona (3 June 2006). "Not just a pale face". London: The Times. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- "CBBC - The Slammer". BBC. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- Megan Burns at the Internet Movie Database
- Betty Curse interview at musicOMH.com
- Betty Curse (Band) on Myspace
- Betty Curse "Megan Burns" on Myspace
- Betty Curse (Band) Facebook