Meigs High School
|Meigs High School|
|42091 Pomeroy Pike
Pomeroy, Ohio, (Meigs County), 45769
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Color(s)||Maroon & Gold |
|Athletics conference||Tri-Valley Conference|
|Athletic Director||Ron Hill|
The Marauders belong to the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) and the Tri-Valley Conference, a 16-member athletic conference located in southeastern Ohio. The conference is divided into two divisions based on school size. The Ohio Division features the larger schools and the Hocking Division features the smaller schools. Meigs High School is the only highschool within a 100 mile radius to have random drug testing.
TVC OHIO Division
- Albany Alexander Spartans
- The Plains Athens Bulldogs
- Pomeroy Meigs Marauders
- Nelsonville-York Buckeyes
- Bidwell River Valley Raiders (River Valley will join the TVC OHIO in Fall 2014)
- McArthur Vinton County Vikings
- Wellston Golden Rockets
TVC HOCKING Division
- Belpre Golden Eagles
- Reedsville Eastern Eagles
- Stewart Federal Hocking Lancers
- Corning Miller Falcons
- Crown City South Gallia Rebels
- Racine Southern Tornadoes
- Glouster Trimble Tomcats
- Mason, WV Wahama White Falcons
- Waterford Wildcats
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- *Title won by Middleport High School prior to consolidation into Meigs HS.
Meigs Marauder Music Program
- Meigs Marauder Marching Band is directed by Toney Dingess Assisted by Dave Deem, with color guard by Jamie Deem.
- Meigs Concert Band is directed by Toney Dingess
- The Meigs Marauder Marching Band is an Award Winning Band, and has been a constant qualifier for OMEA State Finals for the past 22 years.
- 1998-Magical Mystery Tour
- 1999-Big Bad VooDoo Daddy
- 2005-Paul Simon Show
- 2006-Music Of Ray Charles
- 2007-Jazz N' Blues featuring Moonlight Serenade, Take the "A" Train, Sing, Sing, Sing, Blues In The Night.
- 2008-Rocks This Town featuring Rock This Town, Sing Sang Sung, and Big Noise From Winnetka.
- 2009-Marauders Go To Birdland featuring Birdland, It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing), and Swing Swing Swing.
- 2010-Ellington In Motion featuring Take the "A" Train, Satin Doll, Caravan, and It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing).
- The Marauder Band won Grand Champion in 1999 with their "Big Bad Voodoo Daddy" show, in the Tri-State Marching Band Festival competition at Marshall University.
- Meigs High School also offers a choir class, which is also instructed by Toney Dingess.
- Mike Bartrum, former American football long snapper and tight end in the National Football League, played for the Philadelphia Eagles. He is the current Varsity football coach of the Marauders.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "Mike Bartrum". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved December 21, 2012.
- http://schedules.myohsaa.org/SchoolHome/1008/Information. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meigs High School.|