Merri Creek Trail
||This article has an unclear citation style. (November 2013)|
The path commences at Dights Falls near where Merri Creek enters the Yarra River, and then takes a winding route, mainly following the creek all the way to the Western Ring Road Trail. Hazards include a steep section, unmanageable to all but the most hardy cyclists and close to a school, at Heidleberg Road in Clifton Hill, and a missing section in North Fitzroy that requires leaving the river cutting to cross St. George's Road.
At the Western Ring Road Trail, heading west will lead you to the Moonee Ponds Creek Trail, Brimbank Park and the Maribyrnong River Trail. La Trobe University Bundoora campus can be accessed by following the trail east.
- Brunswick velodrome
- Coburg Lake
- HM Prison Pentridge
- The path joins the Western Ring Road Trail in the north.
- In the south, it meets the Yarra River Trail.
- In April 2010, connections to the Capital City Trail were improved with the addition of a new bridge across Merri Creek, 160m south of the junction of Union Street and Merri Parade.
North end at. South end at .
Footbridge to Rushall railway station
- VicRoads - Bicycle Facilities Map
- Melbourne and Geelong's shared paths in Google Maps
- Melbourne and Geelong's shared paths in Google Earth
- Kate Morgan (17 September 2013). "Two Minutes with Adalita | Magic Dirt". TheUrbanList.com. Urban List Pty Ltd. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- Northcote Leader - bridge opening
- Bike rides around Melbourne 3rd edition, 2009, Julia Blunden, Open Spaces Publishing, ISBN 978-0-9752333-4-4
- Bike Paths Victoria sixth edition, 2004. Edited and published by Sabey & Associates Pty Ltd. pp124. ISBN 0-9579591-1-7
- Merri Creek Management Committee
- Friends of Merri Creek
- Merri Creek Trail Map: Darebin City Council
- Geographic data related to Merri Creek Trail at OpenStreetMap
|This cycling-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|