|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Motto||Knowledge to Wisdom|
|Chairperson||Dr. Ashok Gadiya|
|Vice-Chancellor||Mr. Chhotu Ram Chaudhary|
|Location||Chittorgarh, Ghaziabad, Hyderabad|
Mewar University is an autonomous body set up by the Government of Rajasthan through Act. No. 4 of 2009, passed by the Rajasthan Assembly (Govt. of Rajasthan). The University is further approved by the UGC under u/s 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956, with the right to confer degree under u/s 22(1) of the UGC Act vide letter No.F.9-15/2009 (CPP-I) dt. 30 March 2009. Mewar University is promoted by the Mewar Education Society (MES), headed by Dr. Ashok Kumar Gadiya. It is controlled by a Board of Management, constituted by the MES.
Mewar University is promoted by the Mewar Education Society (MES). It is controlled by a Board of Management, constituted by the MES, which is headed by Chairperson Shri Ashok Kumar Gadiya.
The University provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls within the campus.
The hostels have a total capacity to accommodate around 2500 students. Each hostel is divided into separate wings with a separate common room. Each of the hostels is managed and looked after by a dedicated warden.
The hostels provide several sports facilities for its inmates, which include badminton, basketball, volleyball, cricket and indoor games such as table tennis, carom and chess. In order to ensure physical as well as spiritual fitness for its future professionals, the hostellers are provided with a gymnasium. Besides, yoga and meditation classes are held on a daily basis.
The University has set up following faculties, which run engineering, management and various other technical and professional courses, along with the conventional courses.
The following undergraduate degree programs are offered:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) - 4 Years (8 semesters)
Discipline -Computer Science, Electronics & Communication,Electrical & Electronics ,Civil, Electrical , Mechanical , Chemical, Automoblie .
- B.E. (Part Time) Evening Program - 4 Years (8 semesters)
Discipline -Computer Science, Electronics & Communication,Civil, Electrical , Mechanical .
- BBA - 3 Years (6 semesters)
- B.Com (Hons) - 3 Years (6 semesters)
- BCA - 3 Years (6 semesters)
- Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC) - 3 Years
- Integrated Dual-Degree Programme in BA (H) +B.Ed. - 4 Years (8 semesters)
- B.Ed. -1YEAR
- B.Sc(Hons.) - 3 Years (6 semesters)
- B.A. (Hons.) - 3 Years (6 semesters)
- B.Sc (IT)-3 Years (6 semesters)
B.Sc. (Agriculture) & B.Sc. (Forestry) (8 Semesters)
- BMLT ((Histopathology, Bio- Chemistry, Radio Imaging))
B.Pharm (8 Semesters) 3 Years (6 semesters)
- LLB(Integrated)-5 Years (10 semesters)
- LLB 3 Years
The university offers following postgraduate programmes:
- Master of Technology(Full Time) -2 Years (4 semesters)
Discipline:- VLSI, Digital Communication,Computer Science,Manufacturing Process ,Ceramic Technology, Industrial Chemistry,Transportation Engineering, Metrology,Environmental Science & Engineering,nano Technology,Power System, Structural Engineering , Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Master of Technology(Part Time) (27 Disciplines)* -3 Years (6 semesters)
Discipline:- VLSI Design, Digital Communication, Computer Science, Manufacturing Systems ,Power System, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Science & Engineering , Structural Engineering , Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- M.Tech & B.Tech (Dual Degree-Credit Based Flexible) Integrated Program.
Discipline at B.Tech level: Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Civil , Electrical, Mechanical , Chemical, Automobile.
- LLM -2 Years
- MBA - 2 Years (4 semesters)
- MBA - 2 Years Executive Programme
- MBA & B.Tech (Dual Degree - Credit Based Flexible) Integrated Program
Discipline at B.Tech level: Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Civil , Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Automobile.
- MCA - 3 Years (6 semesters)
- Post Graduate Research Integrated in Journalism & Mass Communication (MJMC)-
2 Year (4 semesters)
- Post Graduate Research Integrated (PGRI) Programme
4 Year (8 semesters)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Education - 2 Years
- Master of Arts (M.A.) - 2 Years (4 semesters)
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) - 2 Years (4 semesters)
- M.Sc (Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology, Botany):-2 Years (4 semesters)
- M.Phil (Science) (Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology, Botany)- 1Year
- M.Phil (Arts) (History, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Sociology, Psychology, English, Geography, Anthropology, Public Admin)- 1 Year
- MBA and Diploma in Insurance & Risk Management Brochure
The University offers two routes to the award of Doctoral degrees:
- Ph.D (Doctoral Programme)
- PGRI (Post Graduate Integrated Research Programme)
All undergraduate and postgraduate programs of the university have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation of AICTE.
United Nations Listing
Mewar University, Chittorgarh has been included in the list of Universities maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU). The list is given in the following URL : http://www.iau-aiu.net/fr/content/etablissements#Inde
M.Phil and Ph.D programmes are offered in various subjects such as Science, Technology, Social Sciences, Humanities, Vocational Education, Self Employment Programmes, Women Empowerment and Awareness Programmes, etc.
Government, Industry-University Interface & Foreign Collaboration
The University promotes active collaboration with the Government, trade and industry. Students are required to undertake industry oriented projects of their choice during their internship.
Training & Placement
This programme enables the students to get acquainted with the various aspects of industrial functioning and corporate culture, during their association with particular industry.
On successful and effective completion of training, students are bound to get placement offers from these organizations itself and this helps in addressing the most important aspect of getting a proper placement.