||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (January 2011)|
November 28, 1972 |
|Other names||Click-Click, Boy, Mike Blackson, Michael K. Blackson|
|Occupation||Stand up comedy|
Michael Blackson (born November 28, 1974) is a Ghanaian actor and comedian. He uses his African and American life experiences in his stand up comedy routine in a slight Ghanaian accent.
Stand up career
Having been inspired by the comedy styling of Eddie Murphy, Blackson developed his comedic talent in the unkind comedy clubs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania beginning in 1992. Michael Blackson has performed in many well-known comedy competitions such as the 1992 USA Comedy Central Tour in Philadelphia, the 1993 Schlitz Malt Liquor Comedy Tour in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania and the 1996 Urban Comedy Festival in New York City. In 1999-2000 Blackson also competed in the Laffapolooza Comedy Festival in Atlanta and the Bay Area Black Comedy Competition in Oakland, California in 2001.
Michael Blackson moved up the acting ladder with his most notable onscreen performance as "Angry African" in the 2000 comedy film Next Friday, produced by Ice Cube's film production company Cubevision . In 2005 he released his top-selling comedy sketch CD entitled Modasucka: Welcome to America . Also in 2005, he made an appearance on, TV series 30 Rock, P. Diddy's Bad Boys of Comedy on HBO , and starred in a commercial for the Chappelle Show on Comedy Central. In 2007, he was in the movie Repos with Master P (written and produced by Master P). In 2010, he appeared in B.o.B's "I'll Be In the Sky" music video. In 2011, he recently appeared on BET "The Mo'Nique Show" which his appearance had him trending on Twitter& also going on his third appearance on TBS Series Are We There Yet. In 2011, Michael recently starred on Starz's Martin Lawrence Presents 1st Amendment Stand-up which had 3 million views on Youtube and Showtime's Shaquille O'Neal All Star Comedy Jam plus he is currently headlining Shaq All Star Comedy Jam Tour. Blackson appeared on the Judge Joe Brown show in 2011 as a defendant for not showing up for a scheduled gig. He lost the case.
Film and television appearances
- Judge Joe Brown, 2011
- Repos, 2007
- BET Awards, 2005
- P. Diddy Presents the Bad Boys of Comedy, 2005
- Dave Chappelle Show Commercial, 2005
- Nelly "Err Time" Music Video Cameo, 2005
- Junior M.A.F.I.A., Music Video Cameo, 2005.
- 30 Rock, 2005
- BET Club Comicview, 1993–2004
- Live In Hollywood, UPN & FOX, in 2003-04
- Freeway "Flipside", Music Video Cameo, 2003.
- Showtime  in Harlem, 2003
- Philly's Most Wanted "Please Don’t Mind" Music Video
- Next Friday, Newline Cinema, 2000
- BET ComicView Grandstand Competition, 2000–2008
- ATL, 2008
- My American Nurse 2, 2010
- B.o.B "I'll Be In The Sky", Music Video Cameo, 2010
- Are We There Yet?, 2011
- Get Money (2011)
- The Mo'Nique Show, 2011
- 2011 Starz Martin Lawrence Presents 1st Amendment Stand-up
- 2011 Showtime Shaq's All Star Comedy Jam
- 2012 Are We There Yet
- 2013 One Night In Vegas
- For Inquiries contact Moses Jean-Pierre @firstname.lastname@example.org