Milestones Museum, taken from the carpark
|Established||1 December 2000|
|Location||Basingstoke, Hampshire, England|
|Public transit access||Basingstoke railway station and Centre Shuttle|
It was opened on 1 December 2000 by HRH Duke of Edinburgh  as a joint project between Hampshire County Council and Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund. Amongst typical pay for extras such as the cafe and gift shop you will find a "hidden gem" in the interactive penny (1d) arcade which recreates the atmosphere of a 1910's pier.
In the year running 2007/8 the museum received 88,338 visitors.
Features include recreations of:
- a Victorian public house
- a Victorian railway station
- a Victorian Ironmonger
- a Victorian terraced house
- a 1930s town with shops
Railway and tramway stock
Between February and April 2014 the museum hosted an exhibition of lego models of extinct animals constructed by Bright Bricks. Starting August that year the museum played host to an interactive exhibition entitled Soldiers’ Journey.
- "Sir George Young: Previous Engagements: 2000". Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- "At a Meeting of Hampshire County Council held at The Castle, Winchester on Thursday, 14 December 2000 at 11.00 a.m.". 14 December 2000. Retrieved 6 March 2009.[dead link]
- Katie Barnett (20 August 2008). "Visitors flocking to town museum". Basingstoke Gazette. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- "Hampshire and Winchester museums and art leased to trust". BBC News. 1 November 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- "What you'll find in Milestones Living History Museum". .hants.gov.uk. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Explore the LEGO Lost World Zoo at Milestones Museum". Basingstoke Gazette. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- "New interactive experience Soldiers’ Journey opens at Milestones Museum next week". Basingstoke Gazette. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Milestones Museum, Basingstoke.|
|This article related to a museum in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|