|Now at||British Library|
|Size||24.3 cm by 18.2 cm|
Minuscule 645 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 434 (von Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. It is dated by a colophon to the year 1304 (or 1305). The manuscript has complex contents. Scrivener labelled it by 591e.
It contains tables of the κεφαλαια, numbers of the κεφαλαια (chapters) at the margin, the τιτλοι (titles) at the top, lectionary markings, incipits, αναγνωσεις, subscriptions at the end of each of the Gospels, numbers of στιχοι (in subscriptions), and pictures. The Ammonian Sections were added by a later hand.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Kr. Kurt Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents Kr in Luke 1 and Luke 20. In Luke 10 no profile was made.
The manuscript was written by Neophytus a monk of Cyprus in 1304/1305. It was held in the monastery in Creta. In 1849 it belonged to Micheal Sarmalenios in Milos. It was bought at Milos by H. O. Coxe in 1857 from a Greek who had it from a relative who had been "hegoumenos" of a Candian monastery.
A facsimile was given in Catalogue of British Museum.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 70.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 85.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, vol. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 259.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments, Vol. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 282.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 64. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Handschriftenliste at the Münster Institute
- A. Turyn, Dated Greek Manuscripts of the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Centuries in the Libraries of Great Britain, Dumbarton Oaks Series XVII (Washington, D.C. 1980), 46, p. 67
- Facsimiles of Manuscripts and Inscriptions, ed. E. A. Bond, E. M. Thompson and others, I (London 1873-1883), 205