|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
|Province||Western Province, Sri Lanka|
Mirigama (also spelled Meerigama) is a town in Gampaha District, Western Province, Sri Lanka. It is located 57 km from Colombo, and 34 km from Negombo. Mirigama has direct rail and highway connections to many cities in the country. Mirigama is the hometown of Sri Lanka's first Prime Minister D.S. Senanayake .
Mirigama Super Race Track
This racetrack in Mirigama is used for both motorbikes and cars.The track is 1.4 kilometre long and 30 metre wide racing track being developed in an area that spans 11 acres. It contains 7 bends altogether with 5 of them being left curves. Out of the five bends to left four prove to be a challenge to the competitors. Except for one of the remaining two bends to the right the other is not so hard to tackle. The track is in the centre of a 50-acre land which Jayantha Perera had bought two years ago for the purpose of materialising his dream.
- Lions Regiment army training camp.
- SLAF Mirigama, a premier radar station of Sri Lanka Air Force is situated in Mirigama.
- Bandaranayake Maha Vidyalaya
- Dudley Senanayake Adarsha Kanishta Vidyalaya (Now Dudley Senanayake Adarsha Maha Vidyalaya)
- D.S.Senanayake Central College
- Kandangamuwa Maha Vidyalaya
- Henepola Kanishta Vidyalaya
- Bothale Kanishta Vidyalaya
- Keenadeniya Maha Vidyalaya
|This Western Province, Sri Lanka location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|