Miss Movin' On
|"Miss Movin' On"|
|Single by Fifth Harmony|
|from the album Better Together|
|B-side||"Me & My Girls"|
|Released||July 16, 2013|
|Fifth Harmony singles chronology|
"Miss Movin' On" is the debut single by American pop group Fifth Harmony from their debut EP Better Together that was released on October 22, 2013. It is their first single after placing third on the second season of The X Factor and subsequently signing with Simon Cowell's Syco label. It was released digitally on July 16, 2013 through Syco and Epic.
The main producer of Fifth Harmony's debut EP and debut album, Julian Bunetta, stated on Twitter that two singles from the album would be released during June 2013, resulting in a number of global Twitter trends from Harmonizers (the group's fans). On June 4, 2013, Fifth Harmony tweeted that there would be an upcoming announcement related to the single and on June 7 the group announced via a Vine video that the debut single is called "Miss Movin' On". Fifth Harmony released a short preview of the song on Twitter. It should be noted that a few months prior to the official announcement, there had already been rumors circulating online that the name of the first single was "Miss Movin' On".
"Miss Movin' On" received general acclaim from music critics. Jessica Sager from PopCrush gave the song 4.5 out of 5 stars, praising the group's vocals as having "a hefty dose of soul that many of their Top 40 contemporaries, most of whom are a lot older than they are, lack." Christina Lee, from the Idolator called the song "explosive". Jenna Rubenstein wrote on the MTV Buzzworthy blog that "we effing loving it" and also complimented the single's "shiny, polished pop beat" and lyrics. Examiner.com and Billboard named the single a "pop kiss-off anthem", while Billboard wrote that the "empowering track fulfills the group's promise of "fun pop". Sugarscape compared the track to Demi Lovato's songs.
After releasing the 'lyric video' for the single on June 18, 2013, the music video was posted on Fifth Harmony's official YouTube account on July 15, 2013. The video shows the five girls enjoying themselves at an amusement park together, all of them having recently gotten over their break-ups with their boyfriends. The music video was filmed in San Diego, California at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Fifth Harmony became the first alumnae from The X Factor (U.S.) to reach 15 million YouTube views for an original song, when the "Miss Movin' On" video surpassed 15 million views on October 20, 2013.
The group performed the song for the first time on television on July 18, 2013, on The Today Show in New York City. They have also sung acoustic versions of the single during promotional visits to radio stations such as KIIS FM and Radio Disney. The song was on the set list for the group's Summer 2013 mall tour "Harmonize America" and Cher Lloyd's I Wish Tour throughout September 2013, where Fifth Harmony was the opening act. The girl group have also performed the song on Fox & Friends, The Arsenio Hall Show, and Live! with Kelly and Michael.
During the single's first chart tracking week, it sold 37,000 digital downloads and had 489,000 streams in the United States, debuting at number 85 on the Billboard Hot 100. On August 15, the song re-entered the chart, at a new peak of 83. The following week, the single moved further up the chart, appearing at 78. It has since peaked at 76. "Miss Movin' On" has the distinction of being the first highest charting single from an The X Factor contestant to appear on the Billboard Hot 100. The song spent on the chart 11 weeks. In the Pop Songs chart, it peaked in the spot 27, spending 9 weeks on the chart.
Soon before the release of their single, Boss (Bo$$) in 2014, Miss Movin' On was certified Gold for selling 500,000 copies. 
MTV Video Music Awards
The Video Music Awards (commonly abbreviated as a VMAs) is an awards show presented by MTV to honor the best in the music video medium.
|2014||"Miss Movin' On"||Artist To Watch||Won|
- Digital download
- "Miss Movin' On" – 3:13
- CD single
- "Miss Movin' On" – 3:14
- "Me & My Girls" – 3:24
- Other Versions
- "Miss Movin' On" (Papercha$er Remix) - 4:07
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||27|
|US Billboard Hot 100||76|
|US Digital Songs (Billboard)||46|
|US Heatseekers (Billboard)||4|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||26|
|US Pop Songs (Billboard)||27|
|US Streaming Songs (Billboard)||45|
|Worldwide||July 16, 2013||Digital download||Epic Records, Syco Music|
|United States||Gold||500,000 |
- Connecting to the iTunes Store
- Fifth Harmony, ‘Miss Movin’ On’ – Song Review
- Fifth Harmony’s “Miss Movin’ On”: Hear Their Explosive Debut Single | Music News, Reviews, and Gossip on Idolator.com
- New Song: Fifth Harmony, 'Miss Movin' On'
- Fifth Harmony Bows 'Miss Movin' On' Lyric Video: Watch | Billboard
- The X Factor USA's Fifth Harmony unveil debut single 'Miss Movin' On' - Listen | Sugarscape |
- Girl power: Fifth Harmony take America | Fox News Video
- Fifth Harmony 5H on LIVE with Kelly and Michael TOMORROW! | The Official Fifth Harmony Site
- Fifth Harmony Belt Out “Miss Movin’ On” On ‘The Arsenio Hall Show’: Watch | Music News, Reviews, and Gossip on Idolator.com
- "Radio Disney Music Awards 2014: Selena Gomez, One Direction, Taylor Swift Among Winners". Billboard. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- Chart Moves: Finatticz Fly; Danielle Bradbery Bows; Panic! At The Disco Lead Host Of Rock Debuts | Billboard
- "Billboard - Artists - Fifth Harmony - Streaming Songs". Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Billboard - Artists - Fifth Harmony - Heatseeking songs". Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Charts.org.nz – Fifth Harmony – Miss Movin' On". Top 40 Singles.
- "Fifth Harmony - Billboard Hot 100".
- "Fifth Harmony - Digital Songs".
- "Fifth Harmony - Heatseeking songs".
- "Fifth Harmony - Pop Songs".
- "Fifth Harmony - Streaming Songs".