Mont-Saint-Hilaire Line (AMT)
An outbound train departing Saint-Basile-le-Grand Station.
|System||Agence métropolitaine de transport|
Mont-Saint-Hilaire railway station
|Daily ridership||9,900 (2013)|
|Operator(s)||CN's Montrain Division|
|Line length||34.9 km (21.7 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
The Mont-Saint-Hilaire line is a commuter railway line in Greater Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is operated by the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT), the umbrella organization that plans, integrates, and coordinates public transport services across this region.
The Mont-Saint-Hilaire Line was operated by the Canadian National Railway (CN) between 1859 and 1988. The AMT resumed passenger service on the line in 2000.
There are 7 inbound and 7 outbound departures per weekday.
The line offers seven departures every weekday morning towards Montreal and seven returns to Saint-Hilaire every weekday evening. It is also the only commuter train line not to have any train stations on the island of Montreal outside of Downtown Montreal. All the other train lines have at least 4 stops before leaving the island.
Today, over 9,000 people ride this train daily.
Historically this commuter route was operated by CN. Equipment in the late 1960s and early 1970s, operated once daily each direction, was a hodgepodge of ca 1930 coaches and an equally eclectic mix of yard switchers, freight and passenger diesel electric engines.
- Build an intermodal train station in Saint-Hubert. The station's first phase, which includes a tunnel to cross the tracks, is completed and the end of 2013
- Increase railway capacity on the line shared with CN freight trains. Work should begin in 2013.
List of stations
The following stations are on the Mont-Saint-Hilaire line:
|Gare Centrale||Montreal||Via Rail, Amtrak, Downtown Terminus (Terminus RTL). Bonaventure metro station, Société de transport de Montréal (STM) 150, 358, 410, 430, 515, 535, 935 (within walking distance along René Lévesque Boulevard), 61, 75, 168, 420 (On University Street), 74, 75 (On rue de la Gauchetière).|
|Saint Lambert||Saint-Lambert||Via Rail, Amtrak, RTL: 1, 6, 55, 106|
|Longueuil – Saint-Hubert||Saint-Hubert||RTL: 8, 88|
|Saint-Bruno||Saint-Bruno||RTL: 91, 92, 93, 99|
|Saint-Basile-le-Grand||Saint-Basile-le-Grand||CIT Vallée de Richelieu: 24, 200, 300|
|McMasterville||McMasterville||CIT Vallée de Richelieu: 20, 23, 200, 300|
|Mont-Saint-Hilaire||Mont-Saint-Hilaire||CIT Vallée de Richelieu: 11, 21, 22, 25|
The commuter line operates over the following Canadian National subdivision:
- Saint-Hyacinthe Subdivision (between St-Hilaire [54.2] and Montreal [74.1])
- "Rapport d'activités 2012" (in French). Agence métropolitaine de transport. 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Horaire Montreal/Mont-Saint-Hilaire" (PDF). AMT. 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- AMT PTI 2012-2013-2014 http://www.amt.qc.ca/uploadedfiles/amt/site_corpo/nouvelles_et_publications/PTI_2012-13-14.pdf
- "Plan du Reseau STM 2007" (PDF). STM. 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- "Reseau de transport de Longueuil". RTL. 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-26.
- "CIT Vallée-du-Richelieu". CITVR. 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-26.