More than That
|"More than That"|
|Single by Backstreet Boys|
|from the album Black & Blue|
|Released||29 May 2001|
Franciz & LePont Studio
EMI Studios (strings)
September 2000 (vocals)
(New York City, New York)
|Length||3:44 (Album Version)
3:42 (Special Radio Mix)
|Backstreet Boys singles chronology|
"More than That" is the third single by the Backstreet Boys from their album Black & Blue. It was released in May 2001. It reached #27 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and ran for 20 weeks, and #12 on the UK Singles Chart, ending their 13th consecutive Top 10 run, the last being "The Call" which peaked at #8. It performed poorly compared to other singles of the Backstreet Boys, selling only 800,000 copies and failing to reach Top 10 in any of their main markets. However, it did very well on TRL where the video was retired on August 17, 2001. A remix was made for radio play, as well as the music video. The main difference between the versions is an alternate percussion track, and generally remixed levels. This song was featured on the 2001 compilation album Now That's What I Call Music! 8.
- "More Than That" (Radio Mix)
- "More Than That" (Album Version)
- "The Call" (Neptunes Remix With Rap)
- "More Than That" (Hani Mixshow Remix)
The music video for "More than that" was directed by Marcus Raboy in April 2001. The video features two sets of scenes: One in which the band sings in a desert hangar with a large movie screen behind them showing various scenes behind them: a desert, a city with a busy traffic, a cloudy sky, lightning, and at last, sunbreak. The other scenes feature the band both walking in the desert, as a group, and driving in two convertibles down a desert road. Helicopter shots were taken first time on a Backstreet Boys video while they were driving in the desert on the video. This The footage on the large screen is also used in the video itself. The video debuted at Number 1 on TRL on May 15, 2001. 
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||27|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||44|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||14|
|Germany (Media Control AG)||25|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||29|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||28|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||12|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||27|
- Unterberger, Richie. "Allmusic: More Than That (Song)". Allmusic. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "Australian-charts.com – Backstreet Boys – More Than That". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Backstreet Boys – More Than That – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Backstreet Boys – More Than That" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Backstreet Boys – More Than That" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "The Irish Charts: Search the Charts". IRMA. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Charts.org.nz – Backstreet Boys – More Than That". Top 40 Singles.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Backstreet Boys – More Than That". Singles Top 60.
- "Backstreet Boys – More Than That – swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "The Official Charts Company - More than That". The Official Charts Company. 10 July 2013.
- "Allmusic: Backstreet Boys (Awards)". Allmusic. Retrieved 2013-07-08.