Morningside Railway Station
|Morningside Railway Station
MAXX Urban rail
The underpass leading onto the platform from the west.
|Owned by||KiwiRail Network and Auckland Transport|
|Passengers (2009)||489 passengers/day|
Morningside Railway Station is on the Western Line of the Auckland Railway Network. It has an island platform and is reached from a level crossing on Morningside Drive and by an underpass from New North Road.
- 1880: It opened as one of the original stations on the North Auckland Line.
- 1914: A signal box was established here.
- 1966: The line between Morningside and Avondale was partially double-tracked and the platform was upgraded to an island platform layout.
- 1993: The platform was modified slightly to meet the requirements of new ex-Perth trains.
- 2009: An upgraded station was opened.
Transfers to bus services that pass the station can be made here:-
- North-bound Buses via New North Road
- 210-224 to Midtown via New North Road
- South-bound Buses via New North Road
- 210 to Mt Albert
- 211 to Mt Albert and Rosebank Road
- 212 to Mt Albert, Rosebank Road and Patiki Road
- South-bound Buses via St Lukes and New North Road
- 223 to Mt Albert and New Lynn
- 224 to Mt Albert, New Lynn and Henderson
- Railway Stations of Auckland's Western Line (2004) by Sean Millar