Multichannel marketing is marketing using many different marketing channels to reach a customer. In this sense, a channel might be a retail store, a web site, a mail order catalogue, or direct personal communications by letter, email or text message. The objective of the companies doing the marketing is to make it easy for a consumer to buy from them in whatever way is most appropriate. To be effective multichannel marketing needs to be supported by good supply chain management systems, so that the details and prices of goods on offer are consistent across the different channels. It might also be supported by detailed analysis of the return on investment from each different channel, measured in terms of customer response and conversion of sales. The contribution each channel delivers to sales can be assessed via attribution modeling. Some companies target certain channels at different demographic segments of the market or at different socio-economic groups of consumers.
MultiChannel marketing allows the retail merchant to reach its prospective or current customer in a channel of his/ her liking.
Coordination of online and offline channels
Companies that sell branded products and services through local businesses market over both online and offline channels to local audiences. Online and offline multichannel marketing campaigns can either inform one another or are executed in isolation. A proportion of companies use their online marketing efforts to inform their offline advertising (i.e. they test keywords online to understand if the fit with customer intent before printing them in offline ads).
- Rangaswamy, Arvind; Gerrit H. Van Bruggen (Spring 2005). "Opportunities and challenges in multichannel marketing:". Journal of Interactive Marketing.
- "15-Minute Guide to Multichannel Marketing Communications," http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/15-min-guide/h5107-15-min-multichannel-mktg-comm-gd.pdf
- Schierholz, Ragnar; Susanne Glissmann; Lutz M. Kolbe; Walter Brenner; Alexander Ostrowski (2006). "Don’t call us, we’ll call you – Performance Measurement in Multi-Channel Environments". Journal of Information Science and Technology.
- Shusterman, Jared. "Coordinating Your Channel Marketing Initiatives". http://www.sproutloud.com/. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Kock, Stefan (2010): "Chancen und Risiken von Brick&Click: Multi-Channel-Marketing im Bekleidungseinzelhandel", Germany, Igel Verlag, ISBN 3-86815-280-6 - book website
- Multichannel Group - company focused on R&D in Multichannel Marketing - On Wikipedia, Website.
- Visual IQ Newsletter Archives - articles on multichannel marketing - Website.
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|