|• Mayor||Savitri soni|
|Elevation||288 m (945 ft)|
|Population (2013 (est))|
|• Official||Hindi, Chhattisgarhi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Mungeli is located at  It has an average elevation of 288 metres (944 feet)..
As of 2013[update] India census, Mungeli had a population of 55,756. (est) Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Mungeli has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 59%. In Mungeli, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Dr. George E. Miller served as a medical missionary for the Foreign Christian Missionary Society in Mungeli during the early 20th century. He was first stationed here in 1909, when he began practicing medicine in India for the first time, and also when delivered his first sermon. For several weeks during the cool season in Mungeli, Dr. George E. Miller and his fellow missionaries camped out in the various villages to offer medical services and preach the Gospels.,  A number of times Miller and his colleagues attended to the Tahasildar of Mungeli in times of ill health.
- "Mungeli Pincode". citypincode.in. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Mungeli
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Miller, George E. In the Land of Sweepers and Kings: (Medical Missionary Work in India). Cincinnati: Powell & White, 1922.125-135.
- McLean, Archibald. The History of the Foreign Christian Missionary Society. New York: Fleming H. Revell, 1919. 89,168.
- Miller, George E. In the Land of Sweepers and Kings: (Medical Missionary Work in India). Cincinnati: Powell & White, 1922. 109.
BY road connectivity & transport services to stale capital and other cities from mungeli are provided by RAINBOW TRAVELS From last 60 years.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|