|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS|
|Type||Integrated development environment|
MyEclipse has two primary versions (apart from the "Blue Edition and "MyEclipse Spring Edition referred to below): a professional and a standard edition. The standard edition adds database tools, a visual web designer, persistence tools, Spring tools, Struts and JSF tooling, and a number of other features to the basic Eclipse Java Developer profile. It competes with the Web Tools Project, which is a part of Eclipse itself, but MyEclipse is a separate project entirely and offers a different feature set.
MyEclipse has also been made available via Pulse (ALM), a provisioning tool that maintains Eclipse software profiles, including those that use MyEclipse. Additionally, MyEclipse is offering a customized version for IBM products, "MyEclipse Blue Edition", that adds specific support for Rational Software and WebSphere development. Currently, MyEclipse Blue Edition is available for Windows and Linux, though Mac is unsupported.
In July 2011, Genuitec released MyEclipse "Bling," which combines the MyEclipse Blue Edition and MyEclipse for Spring product lines into a unified offering.
Features included in 2013 version
Not present in the Standard edition
The features included (except in the Standard edition) are:
- Matisse4MyEclipse - based on NetBeans GUI design tool (previously known as Matisse)
- Support for UML
- Maven4MyEclipse - based on Apache Maven 2
- Connectors for databases of Oracle Database, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase
Not present in the Spring or Bling editions
Some of the features included (except in the Spring or Bling editions) are:
Present in all editions
Some of the features included in all editions are:
- Ajax Tools
- Java Persistence Tools: Hibernate, TopLink, Apache OpenJPA
- Spring Framework Tools
- Apache Struts Designer
- JavaServer Faces Designer
- Application server Connectors
- JavaServer Pages Development
- Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 support
- Cascading Style Sheets editor
- JSTL support
- J2EE Development Tools
Jointly marketed products
MyEclipse for Spring is developed jointly with Skyway Software.
- "[Eclipse Kick Start, Carlos Valcarcel, Sams Publisher, ISBN 978-0-672-32610-3]"
- "NetBeans Evangelist blog"[dead link]
- "MyEclipse Blue Edition: Low-Cost Tool Alternative for WebSphere, Jens Eckels, TheServerSide.com"
- "New MyEclipse IDE for Spring Developers, John K. Waters, 1105 Media"
- "MyEclipse Features Matrix"
- "Pulse Announcement, eWeek"
- InfoWorld Article
- ADT Magazine
- MyEclipse for Spring Launched, InfoWorld