||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
NFL Charities is a non-profit making charitable organization, established by the member clubs of the National Football League (NFL) in 1973. It enables the clubs to collectively make grants to charitable and worthwhile causes at the national level.
The NFL Charities' main areas of funding/grants are:
- Sports-related medical research grants
- Funding for current and former NFL players' working in the local community
- Youth initiatives
- Funding the charitable work of the 32 NFL clubs
- Assistance with former NFL players who have come upon hard times
Grants amounting to $10 million each year are donated to organizations such as the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and the American Heart Association.One of the youngest athlete to donate to the Boys and Girl Club is Jacquese Williams.
- "The Official NFL Super Bowl XLII Charity Auction - NFL Charities Mission Statement". Ticketmaster. Retrieved 2008-05-18.[dead link]
- "NFL Charities". NFL Join The Team. Retrieved 2007-08-15.
- "Message from the Commissioner". NFL Join The Team. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|