|Naela Chohan, Pakistan Civil Service, 1982|
|Ambassador of Pakistan to Argentina,Uruguay, Peru and Ecuador|
6 May 1958 |
|Spouse(s)||Musa Javed Chohan|
|Children||Usman Waqqas Chohan, Ibrahim Abubakr Chohan|
|Alma mater||Harvard, Centre d'Etudes Diplomatiques et Stratégiques, Quaid-e-Azam University, École du Louvre, École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts|
|Occupation||Pakistani Ambassador, Feminist Artist|
Naela Chohan (Urdu: نائلہ چوہان, alternative spelling Naila Chohan) (born 6 May 1958 in Rawalpindi, Pakistan) is a Pakistani diplomat and feminist artist. She has been a member of the Board of Governors of the Pakistan Film Censor Board, and of the Board of Directors of the Overseas Employment Corporation of Pakistan, and Inter State Gas System (Pvt). Naela Chohan is also committed to the prohibition of global Chemical Weapons, being the first civilian and woman to head the National Authority on the Implementation of the Convention on the Prohibition of Chemical weapons in Pakistan. She is an alumnus of Quaid-e-Azam University, the Centre d'Etudes Diplomatiques et Stratégiques, The École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts, École du Louvre, and the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Canada's Embassy Magazine in January, 2008 described her as "though slight in stature and soft in speech, Naela Chohan accounts for 50 per cent of the Pakistani foreign service's most potent power couple."
Naela Chohan holds a Masters Degree in International Relations from Quaid-e-Azam University, and a PhD session certificate in International Relations from Centre d'Etudes Diplomatiques et Stratégiques in Paris. She also received training at École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts and the École du Louvre in Paris. Naela Chohan also undertook the Executive Development Program (EDP) from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Naela Chohan's diplomatic assignments have included the High Commission of Pakistan in Ottawa, the Pakistan delegation to United Nations General Assembly 41st (1987) Session and 42nd (1988) Session, and the Embassy of Pakistan in Tehran (1989–1993), and Kuala Lumpur (1997–2001). She is currently serving as the Ambassador of Pakistan to Argentina, Uruguay, Peru and Ecuador.
Naela Chohan is also committed to the prohibition of global Chemical Weapons, being the first civilian and woman to head the National Authority on the Implementation of the Convention on the Prohibition of Chemical weapons in Pakistan.
In addition to her service as a career diplomat, she has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Overseas Employment Corporation of Pakistan and the Inter State Gas System Limited (Pvt); and a member of the Central Board of Film Censors. She was also unanimously elected Chairperson of the Asia Pacific Development Center (APDC), Kuala Lumpur (1998–2000).
Ambassador Chohan has been designated a Profesora Visitante at the School of Oriental Studies (Escuela de los Estudios Orientales) at the Universidad del Salvador.
The Ecuadorian Investigation
In April 2011, The Pakistani embassy in Argentina unearthed a plan allegedly prepared by the United States and some other countries to arrest Pakistani immigrants and transfer them to the US. In a report submitted to the government, Pakistan’s Ambassador to Argentina Naila Chohan said that it seemed to be an effort to malign Pakistanis. According to the investigation carried out by the Embassy, the arrested Pakistanis were legal settlers living in Ecuador for decades. The investigation found that the arrested Pakistanis were maltreated, beaten and forced to sign some documents, agreeing to “voluntarily return” to their country. In her report, the Pakistani ambassador referred to a meeting with US Ambassador to Argentina and Special Agent of the Homeland at which she raised the issue of 32 Pakistanis detained during a joint operation conducted by the US government and Ecuador.
She is married to Musa Javed Chohan, and has two children, Usman Waqqas Chohan and Ibrahim Abubakr Chohan.
Chohan, Naela. Implementation: Asia – The National Authority of Pakistan. Chemical Disarmament Quarterly, Volume 5, No. 3, September 2007. 
Observer Status with ALADI
The Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Naela Chohan joined on 19 May, as observer, the Committee of Representatives of the Latin American Integration Association, ALADI. Pakistan, after China (1994), Korea (2004) and Japan (2004), is the fourth Asian country to be incorporated as an observer to the ALADI. Ambassador Carmen Pérez Zilia Mason, in his capacity as Chairperson of the Committee of Representatives, welcomed the arrival of Ambassador Chohan, while stressed "its strong interest in issues of integration and the important role [Pakistan] plays in these Latin American countries." In another passage of his speech, Ambassador Perez Mason expressed confidence that "through its presence in our Association as an observer, the Representative of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, ALADI would foster closer relations with [Pakistan] and the rest the of the Asian continent."
- MEETING OF THE STATES PARTIES TO THE CONVENTION ON THE PROHIBITION OF THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND STOCKPILING OF BACTERIOLOGICAL (BIOLOGICAL) AND TOXIN WEAPONS AND ON THEIR DESTRUCTION, Page 11 
- Roundable at the Institute for Regional Studies, Pakistan
- Naela Chohan for Enhancing Ties with Latin American Countries
- Visión Siete Interview #1 Naela Chohan Interview (Spanish)
- La Embajadora de Pakistán dio una conferencia en la USAL
- Dawn Article – 5 May 2011 Plan unearthed to arrest, transfer immigrants to US 
- States Times Article – 5 May 2011 Plan unearthed to arrest, transfer immigrants to US 
- Pakistan Daily Times Article – 5 May 2011 Plan unearthed to arrest, transfer immigrants to US 
- Press Release from the Latin American Integration Association
- Press Release from the Latin American Integration Association
- Speech of the Chairperson of the Committee of Representatives of the Latin American Integration Association, Carmen Perez Zilia Mason 
- Speech of the Secretary General of the Latin American Integration Association, Oscar Quina 
- Perfil - Los Embajadores Interview with Her Excellency Naela Chohan (English)
- Visión Siete Interview #1 Argentina Channel Vision 7 (Spanish)
- Visión Siete Interview #2 Argentina Channel Vision 7 (Spanish)
- Pakistan - Un Abanico Musical Argentina Channel Vision 7 - Program El Calamo (Spanish)
- CTV Interview Defending Pakistan's position in the wake of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- Argetine Public Television - El Cálamo y su Mensaje Interview with Naela Chohan (5:45) (Spanish)
- La Embajadora de Pakistán disertó sobre “Pakistán y Puentes de Cooperación con Argentina” Conferencia Permanente de los Partidos Políticos de América Latina y el Caribe
- Pakistan urged for strong ties with Latin American states Roundtable at the Institute for Regional Studies, Pakistan.
- Impulso Cultural en la Celebraciòn de los 61 años de confraternidad argentino-pakistanì Naela Chohan's Speech [Spanish]
- Agasajo en la Embajada de Pakistán Naela Chohan at the VII Festival de Poesía, Buenos Aires.
- Diplomats to Watch Out For Embassy Magazine Review
- Galeria Borges Interview with Borges Gallery of Argentina
- Afghan Envoy Reassures – Pakistan's Fight Ottawa Citizen Interview with Naela Chohan
- Plan Unearthed to Arrest, Transfer Immigrants to U.S. Naela Chohan's Investigation into Ecuadorean-American Controversy
- La Embajada de Pakistán, Concierto de sitar Naela Chohan's speech on Pakistani Musica (Spanish)
- Naela Chohan tours Tacna Region Article in Correo Peru
- Los Embajadores Interview with Naela Chohan on Perfil.com (2010)
- 60 Years of Pakistan-Argentina Relations Official Summary from the Government of Argentina (Spanish)
- De Diplomaticos de Pakistán Buscan Estrechar Lazos Comerciales Diario Brown Argentina
- Los Embajadores Interview with Naela Chohan on Perfil.com (2009)
- AUDIO COMPLETO del programa "COMERCIO EXTERIOR SIGLO XXI", 17 August 2010 Interview with Naela Chohan, Radio Palermo (Buenos Aires)
- Li, Argentine Women's Magazine Exclusive biography of Naela Chohan. (Pages 10–15, requires Adobe, Spanish Language)
- Dinner con la embajadora de Pakistán Governor of Sante Fe Province
- Embajadora Naela Chohan, y la Pta. de A.C.A.D. Raquel Deluca M. Interview with Raquel Deluca of Amigos A.C.A.D.
- Pakistán – Sinfonía de sonidos y colores Article in A.C.A.D.
- En Pakistán no es difícil esconderse Article in El Argentino (Spanish)
- Naela Chohan for Enhancing Ties with Latin American Countries Article the The News Pakistan.
- La Embajadora de Pakistán dio una conferencia en la USAL Naela Chohan is a visiting professor at the University of Salvador (Spanish)
- Macri junto a la embajadora de Pakistán Political Section of Buenos Aires Municipality
- Argentine/Pakistan Textile Trade International Herald Tribune article on Naela Chohan
- Diplomatic Insight - Interview with Naela Chohan
- El Gobernador recibio en Santa Fe a la Embajadora de Pakistan Estacion Santa Fe
- Summary of Naela Chohan's Visit to Santa Fe Province Rufina Socialista (Spanish)
- Finalizó el Mundial de Polo en San Luis (Spanish)
- Comienza el Mundial de Polo 2011 en San Luis (Spanish)
- Ministerio de Gobierno de Buenos Aires
- Antonio Bonfatti recibió a la embajadora de la República Islámica de Pakistán, Naela Chohan Agencia Fe de Santa Fe (Spanish)
- Pakistan should adopt strategic approach to grow exports Islamabad Chamber of Commerce News Release
- Presenting Naela Chohan Blog Article - Mehreen Kasana
- Troubled PHF finds upport from Argentina envoy Pakistan Hockey Federation Article
- Acercando Naciones en el Dia de Paquistán Interview, March 2010.
- Ottawa won't lift ban on arms – Globe and Mail Article
- Pakistani Ambassador Faces Challenges – Ottawa Citizen Article
- Pakistani Diplomat Takes Center Stage Naela Chohan's Art Exhibition in Ottawa.
- A talk with Pakistani Ambassador to Argentina Naela Chohan Business Recorder Interview
- The Typical Mistake Interview with Ambassador Naela Chohan
- Naela Chohan – Ambassador of Pakistan Interview with Silvina Orfali (Spanish)
- Lifschitz recibió a la Embajadora de Pakistán en Argentina, Naela Chohan Article by the Municipality of Rosario. (Spanish)
- Argentina proposes twinning of Punjab-Salta provinces: Pak ambassador Bilateral Cooperation between Punjab and Salta provinces.
- UNESCO Siège Naela Chohan's Art Exhibition
- Democratic Humour at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Associated Press of Pakistan Statement on Indo-Pakistan cooperation in the wake of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- Naela Chohan, Director General Disarmament Meeting of the States Parties to the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological and Toxin Weapons and on their Destruction.
- The News International Pakistan, India should cooperate to fight terrorism
- In the City of Borges - Kishwar Naheed Article commending Naela Chohan in Jang Newspaper (Urdu).
- Pak Ambassador praises conduct of team in Argentina Letter by Ambassador Chohan.
- Buscan afianzar lazos con Pakistán Talk on Radio Cataratas (Spanish)
- Pakistan Suitable Destination for Investment Interview with TISA.
- Murder in Mumbai CBC Documentary including CBC Interview with Naela Chohan.
- Ciencia y Técnica se reunió con embajadora de Pakistán Diario Digital de Bariloche (Spanish)
- Mesa “Asesinadas en nombre del amor. Violencia de género”, 38° Feria Internacional del Libro Roundable on Women's Rights in Buenos Aires
- Naela Chohan and Syed Muhammad Akbar Article by Acercando Naciones
- Pakistán celebró su día nacional en Buenos Aires con un show cultural de trajes típicos Agencia Islamica de Notas (Spanish)
- Cariglino receives the Ambassador of Pakistan in Malvinas Argentinas Zona Norte, Diario Online (Spanish)
- Tres Mujeres Blog Article on Powerful Women in Pakistan (Spanish)
- VISITA PROTOCOLAR DE LA EMBAJADORA DE LA REPUBLICA ISLAMICA DE PAKISTAN Cesar Zumaeta, President of the Legislative Congress of Peru
- Diplomatic Insight Interview with Mrs. Naela Chohan
- El turismo consciente ecuatoriano interesa a Pakistán Agencia Publica de Noticias de Ecuador (Spanish)
- San Juan presentó el túnel a embajadores del Asia-Pacífico Diario de Cuyo (Spanish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Naela Chohan.|