National Register of Historic Places listings in Lincoln County, South Dakota
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Lincoln County, South Dakota.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Lincoln County, South Dakota, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 24 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark. Another 2 properties were once listed but have been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Dr. Andrew Anderson House||
|416 E. 2nd St.
|2||Magnus O. Bergstrom House||
|415 S. Cedar
|3||Blood Run Site||
|On the Iowa/South Dakota border along the Big Sioux River
|Canton, South Dakota||Extends into Lyon County, Iowa|
|4||Brooklyn School District No. 42||
|29534 468th Ave.
|525 N. Broadway St.
|6||Canton Asylum for American Indians Cemetery||
|North of the junction of U.S. Route 18 and the former Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific railroad tracks
||Canton||At least 121 burials at this cemetery are dated from the existence of the Asylum, which was open from 1898 to 1934.|
|7||Canton Lutheran Church||
|124 E. 2nd St.
|8||Anthon W. Elster House||
|27765 476th Ave.
|9||Grand Valley Schoolhouse, District No. 12||
|285th St., approximately 0.5 miles east of its junction with Highway 11
|46954 272nd St.
|305 S. Main St.
|12||Hudson Boy Scout Cabin||
|416 Wheelock St.
|13||John Isakson House||
|504 E. 3rd St.
|14||C. B. Kennedy Mansion||
|903 N. Dakota St.
|15||Norway Center Store||
|29339 Highway 11
|16||Old Main, Augustana Academy||
|Lawler and 2nd Sts.
|Penmarch Place, RD 1, Box 142
|412 E. 1st St.
|19||Mathias Schmid Farm||
|47405 293rd St.
|224 E. 2nd St.
|21||South Dakota Dept of Trans. Bridge No. 42-200-125||
|Three Mile Rd.
|22||J. W. Taylor House||
|308 N. Broadway St.
|23||Peder and Helga Tuntland Farmstead||
|Roughly 10 miles northwest of Beresford
|Highway 11 29350
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed/removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|Northeast of Canton
||Canton||listed May 1, 1979|
|2||South Dakota Department of Transportation Bridge No. 42-103-207||
|Local road over local creek
||Beresford||listed January 14, 2000|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Lincoln County, South Dakota.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in South Dakota
- National Register of Historic Places listings in South Dakota
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 14, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from this State Historical Society of Iowa website; the NRIS lists it as "Address Restricted"