|Born||Linnethia Monique Johnson
December 13, 1967
Queens, New York City, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Television personality, actress|
|Known for||The Real Housewives of Atlanta|
In 2008, Leakes made her first appearance on The Real Housewives of Atlanta. After the first season, she co-wrote with Denene Milner the book Never Make The Same Mistake Twice. Leakes has been a part of the cast for all six seasons.
Leakes played sassy secretary Rocky Roades in the NBC comedy The New Normal. Ryan Murphy cast NeNe on his series Glee in the third season in a recurring role as synchronized swim coach and Olympic bronze-medalist Coach Roz Washington.
In 2011, Leakes was a contestant on the eleventh installment of Donald Trump's NBC series Celebrity Apprentice. During the tenth episode of Apprentice, after arguments with fellow cast member Star Jones, Leakes walked off the show. Leakes failed to win any money for her selected charity, "My Sister's House".
Besides her work in television, NeNe is an advocate against domestic abuse and has written a memoir describing her own experiences with abuse.
Nene Leakes resides in Duluth, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. She also rents a home in the Hollywood Hills West, Los Angeles. NeNe has a son named Bryson "Brice" Rashard Bryant (born December 1989) from a previous relationship. Leakes has a granddaughter, Bri'Asia Bryant (born June 2012).
While working as a stripper, she met Gregg Leakes in 1996. Gregg Leakes is a real estate investor and business consultant. They married in 1997 and had son Brentt on February 22, 1999. Gregg has older children with his exes. In 2010, Nene and Gregg separated, and NeNe filed for divorce on April 29, 2010. The divorce was finalized September 29, 2011, after season four of The Real Housewives had finished shooting. NeNe and Gregg Leakes reunited and announced that they were engaged in January 2013. Bravo filmed their wedding planning and ceremony for a spin-off entitled I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding. NeNe and Gregg remarried on June 22, 2013, at the InterContinental Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta.
In October 2011, Leakes released a memoir describing her experiences with abuse called Never Make the Same Mistake Twice: Lessons on Love and Life Learned the Hard Way.
|2008—present||The Real Housewives of Atlanta||Herself||Main Cast|
|2011||The Celebrity Apprentice||10 episodes|
|2012—present||Glee||Coach Roz Washington||Recurring|
|2012||The Amandas||Herself||1 episode|
|The Game||1 episode|
|Let's Stay Together||1 episode|
|2012—2013||The New Normal||Rocky||Series regular|
|2013||The Price Is Right||Herself||1 episode|
|I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding||7 Episodes|
- Harris, Annika (August 12, 2009). "“Real Housewife” NeNe Spills Her Guts In New Memoir". The Frisky. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- Daniels, Karu (November 27, 2012). "‘Ebony’ Cover With NeNe Leakes Unleashes a Firestorm of Criticism". The Daily Beast.
- "Happy 43rd Birthday, NeNe Leakes". Essence. December 13, 2011.
- "Bravo's Hit Franchise Docu-Series "The Real Housewives" Heads South for "The Real Housewives of Atlanta"". The Futon Critic (Press release). June 26, 2008. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Stasi, Linda (September 11, 2012). "Best part of ‘New Normal’ is the cast". New York Post.
- Goldberg, Lesley (January 14, 2013). "'The New Normal': Nene Leakes Puts 'Sing' Star in Her Place". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Ho, Rodney (December 20, 2011). "NeNe Leakes joins ‘Glee’ for a few episodes". Access Atlanta.
- Hines, Ree (December 20, 2011). "'Housewives' star NeNe Leakes gets recurring role on 'Glee'". TODAY.
- Brown, Laurel (March 7, 2013). "'Glee' scoop: NeNe Leakes will return in Season 4 as Coach Roz". Zap2it.
- Goldberg, Lesley (December 20, 2011). "'Glee' Enlists 'Real Housewives of Atlanta's' Nene Leakes". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Nudd, Tim (May 11, 2011). "NeNe Leakes: Celebrity Apprentice Was 'Toxic' for Me". People.
- "NeNe Leakes: Why I Quit Celebrity Apprentice". Us Weekly. May 9, 2011.
- "NeNe Leakes Slams ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ After Quitting". Access Hollywood. May 9, 2011.
- Nessif, Bruna (November 18, 2013). "Rosie O'Donnell & NeNe Leakes to Guest Cohost Anderson Cooper's Talk Show". E! News.
- Beard, Lanford (January 28, 2013). "Bloop! NeNe Leakes gives Betty White wine-tossing tips". Entertainment Weekly.
- Wieselman, Jarett (February 18, 2013). "NeNe Comes To 'The Price Is Right'". Entertainment Tonight.
- Gostin, Nicki (March 8, 2013). "Why Did NeNe Call the Police?!". Bravo Blog.
- Ho, Rodney (March 3, 2013). "'Real Housewives of Atlanta' recap, sesaon 4, episode 16 ("Peaches Don't Grow in Hollywood")". Access Atlanta.
- Henderson, Danielle (March 4, 2013). "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Guess Who’s Not Coming to Dinner". Vulture.
- "NeNe Leakes: Meet My Secret Granddaughter!". In Touch. August 21, 2012.
- Ho, Rodney (April 11, 2012). "UPDATED: NeNe is indeed divorced". Access Atlanta.
- "Nene Leakes Engaged To Ex: 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Gets Back With Ex-Husband Gregg". Huffington Post. January 8, 2013.
- Alyssa Toomey (January 8, 2013). "NeNe Leakes "Definitely Back Together" With Ex-Husband Gregg Leakes, Stays Mum on Wedding Rumors". E!.
- Carpenter, Cassie (April 18, 2013). "I do... again! Nene Leakes to marry ex-husband in reality TV spin-off I Dream Of NeNe". Daily Mail.
- Coughlan, Maggie (June 22, 2013). "NeNe Leakes Marries Gregg Leakes for a Second Time". People.
- Leakes, Nene (2009). Never Make the Same Mistake Twice: Lessons on Love and Life Learned the Hard Way. Touchstone. ISBN 1-4391-6730-3.