|Traded as||NASDAQ: NTCT|
|Revenue||US$ 168.96 Million (2008)|
|US$ -5.34 Million (2008)|
|US$ -2.09 Million (2008)|
|Total assets||US$ 420.94 Million (2008)|
|Total equity||US$ 197.33 Million (2008)|
Number of employees
|790 (December 2008)|
NetScout Systems, Inc. is a provider of integrated computer network performance management products. NetScout products include packet Sniffer and nGenius packet flow recorder. It is headquartered in Westford, Massachusetts and has approximately 800 employees. NetScout serves the enterprise community, government agencies and telecommunications service providers. At various times NetScout acquired the companies Network General and Fidelia Technology.
NetScout Systems was founded in 1984. NetScout's first product was Ethernet Probe, which shipped in 1992.
Network General developed the original network packet sniffer in 1986; it merged with McAfee Associates in 1997 to form Network Associates. In mid-2004, Network Associates sold off the Sniffer Technologies business to Silver Lake Partners and Texas Pacific Group for $275 million in cash to form Network General. In early 2006, Network General acquired Fidelia Technology, adding the NetVigil Business Service Monitoring technology to their network and application performance analysis tools. In September 2007, Network General agreed to be acquired by NetScout Systems. In November 2007, NetScout acquired their Sniffer, Infinistream, and Network Intelligence product lines. Netscout merged both product lines to allow their Performance Manager product to utilize both probes and Infinistream technologies.
In April 2011 NetScout acquired voice and video management company, Psytechnics, from Ipswich U.K. With an acquisition of Fox Replay NetScout moves from simply performance management over to the Lawful Intercept and security arena. Fox Replay is a privately held Dutch company. Finally, after many years of partnering and complementing solutions for network switch port aggregation, NetScout moves directly into competition with other companies like APCON, Gigamon, and VSS by acquiring privately held, Simena Networks.
In October 2014, NetScout Systems announced it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the Communications business of science and technology company Danaher Corporation for about $2.6 billion. Upon completion of the merger, Danaher's shareholders will own nearly 59.5 percent of the combined company, and NetScout shareholders will own the remaining stake.
- "NTCT - NetScout Systems, Inc. - Google Finance". Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- "NetScout - About us". NetScout Systems, Inc. 2007. Retrieved 2008-03-15.
- "NetScout Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Network General". NetScout Systems, Inc. 2007-09-20. Retrieved 2008-03-15.[dead link]
- "About NetScout". NetScout Systems, Inc. 2007. Retrieved 2008-03-15.[dead link]
- "NetScout Completes Acquisition of Psytechnics". NetScout Systems, Inc. 2011-04-11.
- "NetScout Completes Acquisition of Fox Replay BV". NetScout Systems, Inc. 2011-10-03.
- "NetScout Extends Pervasive Visibility Capabilities with the Acquisition of Simena, LLC". NetScout Systems, Inc. 2011-11-21.
- Danaher to combine communications unit with NetScout. Reuters, 14 October 2014