New York & Company
|Traded as||NYSE: NWY|
|Headquarters||450 West 33rd Street
New York, New York
|Number of locations||553 (2011)|
|Key people||Greg Scott, President and CEO|
|Products||Women's Apparel & Accessories|
New York & Company, Inc. is a wear-to-work retailer for women. New York & Company apparel and accessories are sold through a nationwide network of retail stores, New York & Company Outlet Stores and through its ecommerce site, NYandCompany.com.
NY&C headquarters are in New York City as is the flagship store located on 58th Street and Lexington Avenue. Greg Scott has been the compamy’s CEO since 2011.
New York & Company was founded in 1918 as Lerner Shops by Samuel A. Lerner and Harold M. Lane in New York City. Samuel Lerner was the uncle of renowned lyricist Alan Jay Lerner. In 1992, the company changed its name to Lerner New York and in 1995 to New York & Company. They have been publicly traded since 2004.
- 1 NY&C History
- 2 Merchandise, Sub-Brands & Exclusive Collections
- 3 Celebrity Partnerships
- 4 Philanthropy
- 5 Programs
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- 1918 - The Lerner brothers, blouse manufacturers, open the first Lerner Shops store in NYC. 18 more shops opened later that year.
- 1930 – The first West Coast Lerner Shops location opens in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1985 - Limited Brands recognizes the potential of Lerner to deliver fashion and quality to the value-conscious customer and purchases the company.
- 1992 - The company changes its name to Lerner New York to associate itself more closely with New York, the fashion capital of the world.
- 1995 - The New York & Company brand, one of several labels Lerner New York carries, is introduced.
- 2002 - Lerner New York and New York & Company become an independent company when it’s purchased from Limited Brands.
- 2005 - Flagship store opens in NYC – 58th Street & Lexington Avenue
- 2006 - Ecommerce site nyandcompany.com is launched.
- 2010 – The New York & Company Outlet division is launched.
- 2011 - Greg Scott is appointed CEO.
- 2012 - NY&C Beauty, including fragrance, lip & nail, is launched.
- 2013 – The Eva Mendes Collection, an exclusive collection designed in collaboration with actress Eva Mendes, is launched nationwide.
- 2014 – Ecommerce site is relaunched with new features and enhanced functionality including an all new design, customizable browsing, shipping to Mexico & Canada and more.
Merchandise, Sub-Brands & Exclusive Collections
This stylish, active collection includes leggings, yoga pants, velour, outerwear, tees, knit tops, skirts, sweaters and pants.
7th Avenue Suiting Collection
Centered around New York’s Favorite Pant—the 7th Avenue Pant—this polished, professional collection includes pants, jackets, dresses, skirts and shorts.
The Crosby Street Suiting Collection
This collection features slim, sophisticated design with a modern, tailored fit and includes modern suiting pieces.
An amazing stretch fabric that trims & smooths for a lean, flawless fit. Available in 7th Avenue & Crosby Street pant fits.
New York & Company offers petite, average & tall sizing from 0-18.
This glamorous collection features day-to-night looks as well as wear-to-work styles including dresses, pants, skirts, bodysuits, jackets, outerwear and jewelry.
Numerous celebrities have appeared in marketing initiatives for New York & Company including; Eva Longoria, Brooke Shields, Iman, Cindy Crawford, Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti, Maria Menounos, Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey.
On September 19, 2013, New York & Company launched their first-ever collaboration with actress Eva Mendes.
NY&C partners with various charitable organizations to raise awareness and funds.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Since 2008, New York & Company has supported St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and its pioneering research and treatment of children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. In the first year of their partnership, St. Jude named NY&C “New Corporate Partner of the Year” for outstanding fundraising. Since then, NY&C raised more than $12.6 million for this amazing cause.
Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Each October during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, NY&C sells a product in our stores and donates all proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). Through our partnership with the BCRF, NY&C is working toward prevention, and ultimately, a cure in our lifetime.
The City - New York & Company publishes a fashion book several times a year featuring the latest collections, styles & more.
NY&C Reward Credit Card - The company’s private label credit card offers many benefits such as free shipping, a birthday discount and exclusive benefits & perks.
City Cash/New York Cash - A program in which customers earn CITY CASH or NY CASH on qualifying in-store purchases that can be used during a later redemption period.
- New York & Company, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2011 Results
- "Eva Mendes Gives Peek at New Line, Shares Beauty Tips". http://abcnews.go.com/ (Good Morning America). Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Lockwood, Lisa. "New York & Co. Signs Eva Longoria" (08/11/2005). WWD.
- "Brooke Shields, Print Ad". http://www.imdb.com.
- Miller, Linda. "Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti to debut collection at New York & Company". News OK. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- Marsi, Steve. "Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey For New York & Company: Holiday Style". Retrieved 6 November 2006.
- "NY&C Charities".
- "St. Jude Research Hospital". http://www.stjude.org.
- Kaufman, Sarah. "Breast Cancer Awareness Month: How You Can Help". http://finance.yahoo.com (Yahoo, Finance). Retrieved 13 October 2013.