From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Nordic or nordic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Nordic may refer to:
- The Nordic countries, the northwestern European countries of Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden), as well as Iceland and Finland; or a native of one of the Nordic countries. Faroe Islands and Greenland are also considered Nordic countries.
- Scandinavian, a cultural, historical and ethno-linguistic region in northern Europe that includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, characterized by their common heritage and language. Denmark is not always counted (see the Nordic Countries).
- A native of Northern Europe
- Nordic or North Germanic languages
- Nordic Bronze Age, the name given by Oscar Montelius to a period and a Bronze Age culture in Scandinavian pre-history, c. 1700-500 BC, with sites that reached as far east as Estonia
- Nordic folklore
- Nordic mythology
Relating to a racial category 
- Nordic race, a group in some anthropological theories characterized by tall stature, long head, light skin and hair, and light-colored eyes
- Nordic theory or Nordicism, the belief that Northern Europeans constitute a "master race"
- Nordic League (a British far right organization), a far right organisation in the United Kingdom from 1935 to 1939 that sought to serve as a co-ordinating body for the various extremist movements whilst also seeking to promote Nazism
- Nordic aliens, also referred to as Nordics, a group of supposed humanoid extraterrestrial beings whose appearance resembles the Nordic physical type
- Nordic combined, a winter sport in which athletes compete in both cross-country skiing and ski jumping
- Nordic skiing, a winter sport that encompasses all types of skiing where the heel of the boot cannot be fixed to the ski, as opposed to Alpine skiing
- Nordic walking, a physical activity and a sport consisting of walking with poles similar to ski poles
- Nordic Figure Skating Championships, an annual invitational elite figure skating competition, open only to skaters from Nordic countries
- Quebec Nordiques, an ice hockey team.
Place names 
- Nordic, Wyoming, a census-designated place in the United States
- Nordic Catholic Church, a church body in Norway of High Church Lutheran origin, under the auspices of the Polish National Catholic Church
- Nordic (tug), a German emergency tow vessel
In popular culture 
- Nordic race, a race from the fictional Elder Scrolls game series, developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. The Nords are a Viking-esque race who live in the land of Skyrim. Bethesda based the Nords heavily on Scandinavian people and culture.
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.