Our Secret Weapon: The Truth
|Our Secret Weapon: The Truth|
Ralph de Toledano
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original run||October 22, 1950 – April 17, 1951|
Our Secret Weapon: The Truth was a public affairs program broadcast on the DuMont Television Network from October 22, 1950 to April 17, 1951 and hosted by conservative commentators Leo Cherne and Ralph de Toledano.
Our Secret Weapon: The Truth had its origins in the Freedom House radio program Our Secret Weapon (1942–43), a CBS Radio series hosted by Rex Stout, which was created to counter Axis shortwave radio propaganda broadcasts during World War II.:529
The concept was revived during the Korean War as a weekly series that would "answer Communist lies about us" with testimony from special guests. The program featured conservative commentators Leo Cherne and Ralph de Toledano.
As with most DuMont series, no episodes are known to exist.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- IMDB entry
- Dunning, John, On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio. New York: Oxford University Press, Inc., 1998 ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3 hardcover; revised edition of Tune In Yesterday (1976)
- Brooks, Tim, and Earle Marsh, The Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows 1946–Present. New York: Ballantine Books, 1988 (fourth edition), ISBN 0-345-35610-1 p. 571
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|