|Born||October 15, 1984|
|Occupations||Arts administrator, violinist, musicologist, researcher, professor|
UNESCO Expert in Music (Italian National Commission for UNESCO).
Founder and President of EMMA for Peace, Euro-Mediterranean Music Academy for Peace, a non-profit global umbrella organization for music education and cultural diplomacy: a network of music institutions, universities and philanthropic foundations brought together in the shared interest of music and the promotion of peace in the Mediterranean and Middle East regions. Celebrated Italian conductor Riccardo Muti acts as the organisation’s honorary president.
Member of the Board of Directors of Fondazione Teatro dell’Opera di Roma (Rome Opera House).
He has published several essays on the music of Sir William Walton, including a study for the Nuova Rivista Musicale Italiana, edited by RAI ERI and the book The Resonance of a Small Voice: William Walton and the Violin Concerto in England between 1900 and 1940 (Cambridge Scholars Publishing), published in Italy by Aracne.
In 2011 he received a research grant from the Herbert Howells Trust and the Beinecke Library Visiting Fellowship, the annual prestigious research grant established by the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library of the Yale University, where he lectured and conducted a study on original manuscripts by Walton.
As musicologist he joined the William Walton Project, a three years collaboration programme between the New Haven Symphony Orchestra and the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library of Yale University which includes Concerts, Broadcasts, Lectures, and Recordings.
- Visiting fellow at Yale University (USA)
- Professor at LUISS Guido Carli, Il Sole 24 Ore Business School, IED Istituto Europeo di Design
- UNESCO Youth Delegate for Italy (2011)
- President, Junior Chamber International Roma Capitolina
- Member, International Music Council Youth Committee
- Committee member, Working Group Youth of the European Music Council (2008–2010)
- Ambassador for the Manifesto for Youth and Music in Europe
- Global Shaper, World Economic Forum
- Member of the Core Group of the European Cultural Parliament - Youth Network European Cultural Parliament - Youth Network and Leader of the Italian National Network
- Family member of The Festival One Week. One Europe. Berlin 2012
- "Il Fascino di una Voce Fievole", Aracne, 2012 ISBN 978-88-548-4782-8
- "The Resonance of a Small Voice: William Walton and the Violin Concerto in England between 1900 and 1940", Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2010 ISBN 978-1-4438-1721-9
- "William Walton", Nuova Rivista Musicologica Italiana - Rai Eri, 2008 ISBN 978-8-8397-1468-8
Awards and honors
- University of Cambridge, St John's College/Herbert Howells Trust, Research Grant. Cambridge, UK (2011).
- British Council, Grant for participation as Italian delegate in Cultural Leadership International Programme 2011-2012. Istanbul, TURKEY - London, UK (2011).
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Italy), Grant for participation as Italian Youth Delegate in the 7th UNESCO Youth Forum of the 36th UNESCO General Conference. Paris, FRANCE (2011)
- Yale University, Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library Beinecke Visiting Fellowship. New Haven, USA (2011)
- British Council Grant for participation in conference Creative Hotspots New Business Models in the International Creative Industries. Tallinn, ESTONIA (2011)
- Aldeburgh Music]Hesse Student Scheme Aldeburgh Festival. Aldeburgh, UK (2010)
- Independent Music Awards Winner Film & TV Song with Zeitlet X-Emble, Theme From Pasprefut. USA (2009)
- European Music Council Grant for participation in EMC Annual Meeting Access to Music: New Perspectives in Distribution, Education and Politics, Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts. Brno, CZECH REPUBLIC (2008)
- William Walton Trust Research Grant. UK (2007)
- "William Walton and the Violin Concerto in England between the 1900 and 1940, listed in dissertation index of Music Theory Online".
- Article on Musical Opinion "Walton from Italy".
- "Interview on Corriere Musicale".
- "Profile on violinist.com".
- "News on William Walton Trust website".
- "Howells Trust".
- "Paolo Petrocelli: "Beinecke Library Visiting Fellows 2011-2012".
- Paolo Petrocelli wins research grant
- "Interview on the Italian Ministry of Youth's website".
- "UNESCO Youth Forum".
- "Interview on CaffèNews".
- "Interview on Italian Rotary Magazine, Voce del Rotary N°89 (March 2012)".
- Aracne Editrice list of available titles by Paolo Petrocelli
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing list of available titles by Paolo Petrocelli
- Paolo Petrocelli's essay in Nuova Rivista Musicale Italiana
- Vinegar Socks album review
- Dieci Inverni Soundtrack
- "Violinist Paolo Petrocelli awarded Beinecke Fellowship".