Park Avenue West Tower
|Park Avenue West Tower|
Park Avenue West Tower (center, with crane) during construction November 2014
|Type||retail, office, apartments|
|Location||805 SW Broadway #2020, Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Floor area||474,000 sq ft|
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||Hoffman Construction|
Park Avenue West Tower, is a high-rise building currently under construction in downtown Portland, Oregon, United States. When completed it is planned to stand at a height of 501 feet (153 m) and be the fourth tallest building in Portland behind the Wells Fargo Center, KOIN Center, and the US Bancorp Tower.
Park Avenue West Tower was initially scheduled to be completed in 2010 and is being developed by Tom Moyer's TMT Development. The tower was to have a total of 33 floors and offer retail space, office space and 85 housing units. The housing component has since been dropped from the plans (see below). It will also have a six floor underground garage with 325 parking spaces.  The building gained the top four floors when developers agreed to add 1,650 square feet (153 m2) of bike facilities (including public bicycle commuter showers, bike parking, and locker space) under the connected Director Park subsurface parking, gaining the tower a 40-to-1 bonus.
Construction on the building was halted in April 2009. Despite the halt in construction, the developer was hopeful to get the building back on track by reducing the number of stories in the structure resulting from removal of the top ten stories which would have been condominium space. The building was about 50% leased, with Stoel Rives as the primary tenant (11 floors, 157,000 square feet), as well as a NikeTown store.
TMT Development announced in December 2011 that work would resume in late 2013 with an expected completion date of 2015. Construction resumed in October 2013 after additional re-designs, with completion expected in 2016. Plans called for 30 floors, with 15 of those housing 211 apartments.
- "Emporis: Park Avenue West, Portland".
- "TMT Development: Park Avenue West".
- Leeson, Fred (2007-12-20). "Park Blocks 'beacon' gets design approval". The Oregonian.
- "Moyer halts work on downtown tower". The Oregonian. 10 April 2009.
- Carinci, Justin (July 27, 2009). "Park Avenue West Awaits a Restart". The Daily Journal of Commerce. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- Frank, Ryan; Mike Rogoway (2009-04-11). "Downtown high-rise halted by tight credit". The Oregonian.
- Manning, Jeff (2008-10-15). "In legal terms, a huge move". The Oregonian. pp. C01.
- Njus, Elliot (November 4, 2011). "Park Avenue West Tower to be mothballed for two years; developer sets 2013 restart date". The Oregonian. Retrieved November 4, 2011.
- Culverwell, Wendy (October 18, 2013). "A skyscraper will finally rise". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- Culverwell, Wendy (October 18, 2013). "Construction restarts today at TMT's Park Avenue West". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
Media related to Park Avenue West Tower at Wikimedia Commons