Patricia W. Jones
|Patricia W. "Pat" Jones|
|Member of the Utah Senate
from the 4th district
|Born||January 31, 1950|
|Residence||Salt Lake City|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
Personal Life, Education, and Career
Jones has a bachelors degree in journalism from the University of Utah. She is married to Dan E. Jones, a former pollster and political science professor at the University of Utah.  They have Four children and three step-children. 
Jones is president of Dan Jones & Associates, a thriving public opinion and market research firm incorporated in 1980.   Jones is professionally trained in qualitative research and as a focus group moderator.  She got this training from the Oregon Research Institute.  She is a member of the National Qualitative Research Consultants Association. 
Jones has represented the state's 4th senate district in Salt Lake County since 2006. She previously served in the Utah House of Representatives from 2002 to 2006, representing District 40. In 2014, she served as the Assistant Minority Whip in the Utah Senate. She has also served as the minority leader.  Jones serves on Health Committee of National Conference of State Legislatures.  Senator Jones has also served on the United Way Board of Governors, Salt Lake Council for the Aging, Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce, South Valley Boys and Girls Club, and Understanding Chemical Addictions Boards.  Throughout her political career, Senator Jones has been named the 2006 Hero on the Hill by the People with Disabilities, one of "30 Top Women in Business" by Utah Business Magazine 2002 and Utah's 2002 Public Health Hero by Utah Health Magazine. 
In 2014, Senator Jones served on the following committees:
- Executive Appropriations Committee
- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee
- Public Education Appropriations Subcommittee
- Senate Economic Development and Workforce Services Committee
- Senate Education Committee
- Senate Ethics Committee
- Senate Judiciary, Law Enforcement, and Criminal Justice Committee
- Senate Rules Committee
|Utah State Senate election Dis. 4, 2006|
|Republican||Dirk Anjewierden IV||11,211||46|
2014 Sponsored Legislation
|Bill Number and Title||Primary or Floor Sponsor||Bill Status|
|S.B. 40 Substitute Financial and Economic Literacy Amendments||Primary||Governor Signed 3/27/2014|
|S.B. 115 Court Transcript Fees||Primary||Governor Signed 4/1/2014|
|S.B. 118 Substitute School Funding Through Income Tax Revisions||Primary||Senate/filed 3/13/2014|
|S.B. 147 Fourth Substitute Residential Rental Amendments||Primary||Governor Signed 4/1/2014|
|S.C.R. 3 Concurrent Resolution on the School of Dentistry Serving Underprivileged Children||Primary||Governor Signed 3/25/2014|
|H.B. 290 Criminal Code - General Provisions||Floor; Primary Rep. Moss||Governor Signed 3/27/2014|
|H.B. 321 Refugee Services Coordination Amendments||Floor; Primary Rep. Menlove||Governor Signed 3/27/2014|
|H.B. 333 Payroll Services Amendments||Floor; Primary Rep. Spendlove||House/filed 3/13/2014|
|H.J.R. 9 Joint Resolution on Utah Epilepsy Public Education, Outreach, and Awareness||Floor; Primary Rep. Poulson||Enrolled 2/18/2014|
Senator Jones sponsored S.B. 108 Civil Rights Amendments Relating to Persons with a Disability in 2013. This bill follows in the footsteps of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) by recognizing that, historically speaking, we as a state and nation have actively and passively discriminated against these individuals for no other reason than they are disabled. 
- Patricia Jones. "Sen. Patricia Jones, Utah State Legislature".
- Lisa Riley Roche (May 4, 2010). "Corroon picks Republican Sheryl Allen as running mate in Utah gubernatorial race". Deseret News. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- "Jones, Pat.". Utah State Senate. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "Project VoteSmart". Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- "Several Legislative Races Have Utah GOP Circling the Wagons". Salt Lake Tribune. April 30, 2000. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- "Utah Senate website:Leadership". Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- "Jones, P. Sponsored Legislation". Utah State Senate. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- Curtis Haring. "FLAGGED BILL: SB 108 Civil Rights Amendments Relating to Persons with a Disability, Sen. Jones". Utah Political Capitol. Retrieved April 15, 2014.