Paulo Casaca (born 2 July 1957, Lisbon) is a Portuguese politician and was a Member of the European Parliament for Portugal's Socialist Party (Partido Socialista); part of the Party of European Socialists till 2009.
He is currently running for the presidency of the city council of Ponta Delgada in the Azores.
He is a regular contributor to the regional and national press on economic and political subjects and author of many books and shorter publications.
- 1980: Graduate in economics
- 1987: master's degree in economics
- 1980-1987 and 1990-1991: Teaching assistant at the University of the Azores
- 1987-1990: teaching assistant at the Lisbon Institute of Accountancy and Administration
- 1995-1996: visiting professor at the Technical University of Lisbon, teaching the common agricultural policy postgraduate syllabus module
- 1991: Coordinator of the Research Unit of the PS/Azores branch and 1993-1995 at national level
- 1991-1992: Member of the Azores Regional Assembly.
- 1992-1994: Member of the Assembly of the Republic
- 1989-1990, 1992, 1994-1995: Economic adviser to the PS parliamentary party
- 1995-1996: Head of the private office of the Minister for Planning and Territorial Administration
- 1996-1999: Specialist adviser to the Portuguese Permanent Representation to the European Union