|Atlanta Braves – No. 51|
October 27, 1986 |
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|April 1, 2011 for the New York Mets|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||4.55|
Pedro Beato (born October 27, 1986) is a Dominican professional baseball pitcher with the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball. He previously pitched for the New York Mets, Boston Red Sox, and the Cincinnati Reds.
Beato was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, and moved to Ridgewood, Queens as a child. He attended Xaverian High School in Brooklyn, New York. He was drafted by the New York Mets in the 17th round of the 2005 Major League Baseball Draft, but did not sign. He opted to attend St. Petersburg College. He played baseball in the summer for the Youth Service League.
New York Mets
In his first 18 2⁄3 innings, Beato allowed no earned runs, setting the Mets franchise record for longest scoreless inning streak to start a career. In those 18 2⁄3 innings, Beato allowed only nine hits and three walks.
Boston Red Sox
During the 2012 season, the Mets traded Beato to the Boston Red Sox as the player to be named later in the trade that sent Kelly Shoppach to the Mets. He was designated for assignment by the Red Sox on December 19, 2012.
He was designated for assignment on October 23, 2013.
- Torenli, John (2011-03-24). "Spring in His Step New Cyclones Skipper Donnelly Sizing Up Talent in St. Lucie". Brooklyn Eagle (Brooklyneagle.com). Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- Torres, Adriano (2010-01-02). "Beato happy to be home with Mets — Mets Blog — ESPN New York". Espn.com. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- By Lisa Winston / MLB.com (2006-05-29). "Article | MiLB.com News | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Minorleaguebaseball.com. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- Puma, Mike (2011-03-29). "Jason Isringhausen loses out to Blaine Boyer for final spot in Mets bullpen". New York Post. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- Taube, Aaron (May 21, 2011). "Turner, Beato achieve Mets team records". MLB.com. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Cwik, Chris (16 August 2012). "Red Sox Acquire Pedro Beato from the Mets to Complete Kelly Shoppach Deal". Cbssports.com. Archived from the original on 2012-08-16. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "Red Sox select right-hander Pedro Beato to active roster". MLB.com. June 16, 2013. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Dykstra, Sam (October 23, 2013). "Dodgers deal Castellanos to Red Sox". MILB.com. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Adams, Steve (Octoer 31, 2013). "Reds Claim Pedro Beato, Outright Greg Reynolds". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved April 3, 2014.
- Wilmoth, Charlie (March 30, 2014). "Reds Designate Pedro Beato For Assignment". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved April 3, 2014.
- Sheldon, Mark (April 2, 2014). "Reliever Beato claimed off waivers by Braves". MLB.com. Retrieved April 3, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)