Peter Joseph, 2010
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Peter Joseph wrote, directed, narrated, scored, and produced the Zeitgeist film series (2007, 2008, 2011) and founded the related Zeitgeist Movement in 2008, originally announced as the "activist arm" of Jacque Fresco's Venus Project, but in 2011 disontinuing the association.
Gentle Machine Productions LLC is a business owned by Joseph. Some existing and developing projects of Gentle Machine Productions are the Zeitgeist film trilogy, the Culture in Decline web series and Joseph's new feature film project: InterReflections. The business also owns the trademark "The Zeitgeist Movement".
He is on the steering committee of Project Peace on Earth.
Peter Joseph directed a "short-film" music video for the heavy metal music group Black Sabbath, entitled "God Is Dead?" The film had its world-premiere screening at the band's June 6, 2013, album release in Hollywood's Harmony Gold Preview Center. The music video film is largely composed of symbology extracted from Joseph's Zeitgeist trilogy, coupled with layers of imposed archival imagery of the band.
||Lists of miscellaneous information should be avoided. (April 2015)|
Joseph's work was the subject of an article in The New York Times, The Palm Beach Post, VC Reporter, and TheMarker. He has been a guest on the Russian television network RT TV regarding social theories proposed by the Zeitgeist movement for the most recent economic crisis and has appeared on TheMarkerTV in Israel. He has appeared on two TEDx events: TEDxO'Porto and TEDxOjai (California). Joseph also appeared for a 49-minute interview on the internet news program The Young Turks, conducted by Cenk Uygur, to discuss his work and the Zeitgeist Movement. In 2012, he appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience PodCast with Joe Rogan.
- Peter and Joseph are his first and middle names. His surname is not publicly known. (The Zeitgeist movie website Q&A)
- "Peter Joseph, Official Media Archive". peterjoseph.info. Retrieved 9 Aug 2013.
- New world re-order: The Zeitgeist Movement spreads to Ventura County, Shane Cohn, VC Reporter (California), May 12, 2011
- Bill Stamets (February 15, 2011). "Art-house films: ‘Marwencol,’ ‘Zeitgeist’". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved March 7, 2011. "The view from Venus". Orlando Weekly.
- http://www.gentlemachineproductions.com/about.html Retrieved April-15-14
- http://domainsigma.com/whois/gentlemachineproductions.com Retrieved April-15-2014
- "THE ZEITGEIST MOVEMENT". justia.com. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- Project Peace on Earth advisory board
- Michael, Roffman. "Watch Black Sabbath’s haunting new video for “God is Dead?”". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- Feuer, Alan (2009-03-17). "They've Seen the Future and Dislike the Present". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- Travis Walter Donovan, The Zeitgeist Movement: Envisioning a Sustainable Future. The Huffington Post, March 16, 2010.
- Rhonda Swan, A dream worth having, The Palm Beach Post, May 1, 2009
- New world re-order: The Zeitgeist Movement spreads to Ventura County, Shane Cohn, VC Reporter, May 12, 2011
- "Zeitgeist: Moving beyond money". RT. March 26, 2011.
- The Zeitgeist Movement – Money, Debt and the Economy, RT, December 2, 2011
- Zeitgeist Solutions for the World, RT, September 14, 2011
- Interview with Activist and Filmmaker Peter Joseph, RT, April 10, 2011
- The Zeitgeist Movement on Solutions to War, Imperialism and The State, RT, February 10, 2012
- Discussion of the Zeitgeist movement with Peter Joseph, TheMarkerTV, January 19, 2012. Interview conducted in English, following a brief introduction to Joseph and the movement in Hebrew.
- Peter Joseph – Arriving at a Resource-Based Economy (RBE), TEDxO'Porto, July 8, 2011
- Peter Joseph – The Big Question, TEDxOjai, March 9, 2012
- Peter Joseph – The Zeitgeist Movement – spreading the interest for a new social system, TED (conference)|TEDxOjai, February 29, 2012
- Peter Joseph, Zeitgeist Movement Founder on TYT on YouTube