Georgia State Route 237
|Piedmont Road NE|
|Maintained by GDOT|
|Length:||3.2 mi (5.1 km)|
|Existed:||1946 – present|
|South end:||Piedmont Road NE in Midtown Atlanta|
| I‑85 in Midtown Atlanta
SR 141 in Buckhead
|North end:||US 19 / SR 9 in North Buckhead|
SR 237 begins just south of SR 13 (Buford Highway) in Midtown Atlanta, where the road continues to the south as Piedmont Road. It immediately crosses under, but does not intersect Buford Highway. Then, it passes under Interstate 85 (I-85). SR 237's northbound lanes do not have an interchange with I-85. Its southbound lanes have an interchange with I-85 south. However, access to I-85 north is provided via an interchange with Piedmont Road NE, south of SR 237's southern terminus. North of I-85, the road crosses over a CSX Transportation rail line. It heads north and northwest to SR 141 (Peachtree Road SW). The highway heads northwest to meet its northern terminus, an intersection with US 19/SR 9 (Roswell Road) in North Buckhead. SR 237 is known as Piedmont Road NE for its entire length.
SR 237 was established at the latest by 1946 along an alignment that started at US 23, which ran along Chesire Bridge Road and a southern continuation of Piedmont Road NE at that time. This is just south of the current southern terminus. SR 237 headed north along Piedmont Road NE as it does today. In 1967, US 23 was moved farther to the east. However, it is not clear whether the portion of SR 237 between the former US 23 segment and its current southern terminus was decommissioned at this time.
The entire route is in Fulton County.
|Midtown Atlanta||0.0||0.0||Piedmont Road NE||Southern terminus; roadway continues as Piedmont Road NE, which is a former section of SR 237.|
|0.1||0.2||I‑85 south (Northeast Expressway) – Atlanta||No access to I-85 is provided via the northbound lanes; access to I-85 north is just south of the southern terminus.|
|Buckhead||2.2||3.5||SR 141 (Peachtree Road NE) – Brookhaven|
|North Buckhead||3.2||5.1||US 19 / SR 9 (Roswell Road) – Atlanta, Roswell||Northern terminus; roadway continues as Blackland Road NW.|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Georgia State Highway System (PDF) (Map). Cartography by GSHD. Georgia State Highway Department. January 1, 1945. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Georgia State Highway System (PDF) (Map). Cartography by GSHD. Georgia State Highway Department. November 7, 1946. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Google (February 25, 2013). "Route of SR 237" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "National Highway System: Georgia" (PDF). United States Department of Transportation. May 8, 2009. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- Georgia State Highway System (PDF) (Map). Cartography by GSHD. Georgia State Highway Department. January 1, 1967. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Georgia State Highway System (PDF) (Map). Cartography by GSHD. Georgia State Highway Department. January 1, 1968. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
Route map: Bing
- Media related to Georgia State Route 237 at Wikimedia Commons