Coffin at the 2013 Annecy International Animated Film Festival
|Born||Pierre-Louis Padang Coffin
November 1, 1967 
|Occupation||Animator, film director, voice actor|
|Notable work||Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Pierre-Louis Padang Coffin (born November 1, 1967) is a French animator and director. He is best known for co-directing with Chris Renaud the films of the Despicable Me franchise, and as the voice of the Minions.
Life and career
Coffin was born to Yves Coffin, a French diplomat, and Nh. Dini (Nurhayati Srihardini Siti Nukatin), an Indonesian writer. He was trained at the Gobelins animations school in Paris and started to work at Amblimation, the 2D London based facility, where he worked on the Steven Spielberg-executive-produced We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story. He then started as a freelance animator in the French CGI studio Ex Machina where he worked as animator and eventually animation supervisor. Pierre Coffin's directorial career kicked off with a short named Pings in 1997. He then started to collaborate by doing commercials with Passion Pictures Paris and Mac Guff. He created the characters of Pat and Stan for TF1 a TV series. In 2010 he completed, with Chris Renaud, the feature CGI animated movie Despicable Me for Universal.
- Flanimals (TBA): Director
- Minions (2015): Director, voice of Minions
- Despicable Me 2 (2013): Director, voice of Minions
- Despicable Me (2010): Director, voice of Minions
- We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993): Inbetween Artist
- Brad & Gary (2011): Director, voice of Brad
- Banana (2010): Writer, Executive producer, voice actor
- Home Makeover (2010): Executive producer, voice of Minions and Social Worker
- Orientation Day (2010): Voice of Minions
- Gary's Day (2003): Director
- Pings: Realization/Animation for ExMachina
- Pat & Stan (2003–present) : Creator, Episode Director
- "Pierre Coffin". Premiere. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- "Despicable Me 2 Production Notes" (PDF). Despicable Me. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Fleming, Mike (July 24, 2012). "Illumination And Universal Hatch ‘Despicable Me’ Spinoff About The Minions". Deadline. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- Heath, Paul (February 4, 2011). "Q+A: Chris Meledandri on Despicable Me, Illumination Entertainment and upcoming projects including ‘Hop’ and ‘Flanimals’". The Hollywood News. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- McClintock, Pamela (September 20, 2013). "'Minions' Movie Pushed Back From Christmas 2014 to Summer 2015". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- "Brad & Gary (2011) Review". Designing Geek. April 18, 2012. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- "Brad & Gary". Seattle International Film Festival. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
|This article about a French film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|