|This article uses citations that link to broken or outdated sources. (December 2012)|
A pinning ceremony is a symbolic welcoming of newly graduated nurses into the nursing profession. The new nurses are presented with nursing pins by the faculty of the nursing school. Often the nurses recite the Nightingale Pledge. Some nursing schools have stopped holding the pinning ceremony, claiming it is an outdated ritual.
- "Pinning Ceremony". Our Lady of Holy Cross College. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- Rivers, Kathy. "Pinning ceremony honors School of Nursing students". Reporter (Nashville, TN: Vanderbilt University Medical Center).
- South Arkansas CC Nursing[dead link]
- "Nurse Pinning Ceremony". San Antonio College, The Alamo Colleges. 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- Colorado State Nursing[dead link]
|This nursing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|