Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge
|Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge|
|Edited by||Joey Pulgadas|
|Running time||138 minutes|
Again written and directed by Joone, it stars Belladonna, Sasha Grey, Jenna Haze, and Ben English, as well as Tommy Gunn, Jesse Jane, Steven St. Croix, and Evan Stone, who reprise their roles from the first film. Carmen Luvana, who played the central character of Isabella in the original Pirates, is absent in the sequel.
Captain Edward Reynolds brags about his victory over the dreaded pirate Victor Stagnetti to his loyal companion Jules; he has even assembled a new crew for his ship, including Ai Chow and Olivia, Serena's cousin. It is Olivia who informs the crew that the governor of Jamaica has ordered Serena's arrest and Olivia is on board to protect the crew from enemies, and to convince Edward and Jules to ask for Serena's pardon. When they finally go to Jamaica and ask Governor Littleton to pardon Serena, he is more interested in Jules' appearance than anything else. They convince the governor, who first sends them on a mission to kill another group of pirates and find another hidden treasure.
Olivia and Jules get off to a rocky start to their friendship, but eventually end up in a steamy lesbian experience. Later, Edward comes across Takvor, the Armenian gold pirate, during a female slave auction and is invited to participate in an orgy featuring belly dancers and slave girls.
Meanwhile, Jules is captured by the Chinese pirate empress Xifeng and is administered a liquid which gives her control over Jules' body and mind. Xifeng uses Jules to seduce and capture Edward. He is then forced to fight a dragon-like creature, but Olivia saves him at the last minute.
Meanwhile, Victor Stagnetti is reborn from the sea. He and Xifeng engage in a three-way with their new thrall, Jules, as she happily obliges. Edward and Olivia fight off a host of undead skeletons Stagnetti summons and more. Olivia boards the enemy ship and fights Xifeng in a sword fight and takes her down. She then must fight the poisoned Jules as well, until Stagnetti intervenes and takes both of them down. Once again, Edward comes to the rescue, reclaiming his title as "the greatest pirate hunter that has ever lived".
- Jesse Jane as Jules
- Evan Stone as Captain Edward Reynolds
- Belladonna as Olivia
- Sasha Grey as Maria
- Katsuni as Xiefeng
- Tommy Gunn as Captain Eric Victor Stagnetti
- Shay Jordan as Ai Chow
- Nhan as Wu Chow
- Steven St. Croix as Marco
- Candido Velasco as Dado
- Jenna Haze as Slave Girl Anne
- Ben English as Governor Lyttelton
- Stoya as Belly Dancer
- Gabriella Fox as Belly Dancer
- Charles Velasco as Captain Kupal
- Shyla Stylez as Belly Dancer
- Shawna Lenee as Governor's Girl #1
- Riley Steele as Governor's Girl #2
- Alistair MacDonald as Governor Lyttelton's Servant
- Brea Lynn as Nude Servant Girl
- Abbey Brooks as Nude Servant Girl
- Veronica Rayne as Nude Servant Girl
- Brianna Love as Diva Crew Girl
- Rhylee Richards as Diva Crew Girl
Serpentlibertine (sexpros.net) wrote that Pirates II does not add a lot of new ideas to the franchise, but "...if you are a fan of the first Pirates, you'll surely like Stagnetti's Revenge". The review went on to say that "if you're looking for the hottest thing in porn right now, this is it".
Awards and nominations
University of Maryland Controversy
Pirates II became part of a controversy when the University of Maryland, College Park's student union intended to screen the film. After state Senator Andrew P. Harris offered a budget amendment to strip all public funding from any institution airing pornographic films, the university announced that it would cancel the screening. Had the Senator's demand been carried out, the university would have been forced to forfeit $424 million in funds.
The students screened the film anyway on the evening of April 6, 2009 in a lecture hall on campus, after consulting with the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education and a panel discussion on First Amendment rights. The new screening was organized by the Student Power Party and 200 students, as well as administrators, professors, and numerous media outlets were present for the screening. The film was shown at other colleges including University of California Davis, University of California Los Angeles, and Carnegie Mellon University without controversy.
- Digital Playground (2008-03-06). "DIGITAL PLAYGROUND ANNOUNCES BELLADONNA TO STAR IN "PIRATES II: STAGNETTI'S REVENGE"". Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- Digital Playground (2008-08-13). "Digital Playground Launches Website for Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge & Announces Street Date". Retrieved 2008-10-16.
- Christopher Monfette (2008-08-16). "Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge DVD Review Date". Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- Serpent Libertine (2008-12-05). "Review at sexpros.net for Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge". Retrieved 2008-12-23.[dead link]
- "XBIZ Award Winners". XBIZ. February, 2011.
- "Gewinner 2009". Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Stephen Kiehl, Laura Smitherman and Gadi Dechter (April 2, 2009). "Screening of porn film at University of Maryland canceled". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 5 April 2009.[dead link]
- Susan Kinzie and John Wagner (2009-04-03). "XXX Film Spells Lost $$$ for U-Md.". The Washington Post. p. B01. Retrieved 2009-04-03.
- Kathleen Miller (2009-04-07). "Univ. Md. students screen porn in protest". WTOP News. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- Susan Kinzie and John Wagner (April 7, 2009). "At U-Md., XXX-Rated Show Goes On: Despite Funding Threats, Students Host Panel Discussion and Porn Viewing". Washington Post. p. B1. Retrieved 2009-11-06.