Prime Minister's Office (Bangladesh)
||This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. (June 2011)|
|Headquarters||Prime Minister's Office, Old Sangsad Bhaban, Tejgaon, Dhaka-1215, Bangladesh.|
|Minister responsible||Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister|
|Agency executives||Md. Abdul Karim, Principal Secretary
Molla Waheeduzzaman, Secretary
|Child agencies||Board of Investment
NGO Affairs Bureau
National Security Intelligent
Bangladesh Export Processing Zone
Special Security Force
The Prime Minister’s Office of Bangladesh is the office of the prime minister of Bangladesh. It is located at Tejgaon in Dhaka city. It is the head of the government Office of Bangladesh. This office was situated in Sher-E-Bangla Nagar at the adjacent building of Ministry of Defence of Bangladesh and also adjacent to the Gonobhaban. This office was shifted in the Old Sangsad Bhaban (at the current office building) in 1991 after parliamentary system of government was formed.
Prime Minister's Office Building
Before 1991 it was the President Secretariat and prior to the using of President Secretariat, this building was being used as Parliament of Bangladesh till February 1982 when it moved to the Jatiyo Sangshad Bhaban.
The Office is located with a complex with a tree lined park and across from Tejgaon Airport.
Services and activities
Prime Minister's Office (PMO) is a division and equivalent to the ministry. Allocation of Business Among the different ministries and divisions has allocated some responsibilities. It provides:
- Secretarial assistance to the Prime Minister.
- Assistance to the Prime Minister in the discharge of his/her responsibilities as and when necessary.
- Assistance to the Prime Minister in the discharge of his/her Parliamentary responsibilities.
- Matters relating to Politics.
- Administration including financial matters of PMO.
- National Security Intelligence (NSI).
- Coordination of all Intelligence Agencies.
- NGO Affairs.
- Matters Relating to Board of Investment (BOI).
- Bangladesh Export Processing Zone Authority.
- Administration and supervision of subordinate offices and organizations under this office.
- Prime Minister's Security including Special Security Force.
- Administration of Prime Minister's Discretionary Fund.
- Messages and Addresses of the Prime Minister.
- Reception of Foreign Heads of Government and dignitaries.
- Arrangement of Protocol and Ceremonials.
- Tours of the Prime Minister inside country (Foreign tours to be organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- Liaison with International Agencies and matters relating to treaties and agreements with other countries and world bodies relating to subjects assigned to this office.
- All laws on subjects assigned to this office.
- Inquiries and statistics on any of the subjects assigned to this office.
- Fees in respect of any of the subjects assigned to this office except fees taken in courts.
- Such other functions as may be assigned to this office from time to time.
Prime Minister's Office, Old Sangsad Bhaban, Tejgaon, Dhaka-1215, Bangladesh.
- Bangabhaban, principal office and residence of the President of Bangladesh.