Priscilla Lopes-Schliep at the 2012 Bislett Games
|Full name||Priscilla Lopes-Schliep|
26 August 1982 |
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||67 kg (150 lb)|
Lopes-Schliep attended the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. She married former University of Nebraska basketball player, Bronsen Schliep, in the fall of 2007. They currently reside in Toronto, where he practices dentistry.
In 2004 Priscilla became the 2004 NCAA Indoor Champion in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 7.82 as her personal best. Lopes-Schliep won a bronze medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics in women's 100 m hurdles. It was the first medal for Canada in Athletics at the Summer Olympics since the 1996 Games and the first medal for a Canadian woman in Olympic track and field since the 1992 Games.
At the 2009 World Championships in Athletics, Lopes-Schliep won a silver medal in the 100 m hurdles in Berlin, Germany, in a time of 12.54s. She failed to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics, having finished 7th in the 100m hurdles at the 2012 Canadian Olympic trials for track and field after she struck a hurdle and fell.
|50 metres hurdles||6.82||Stockholm, Sweden||21 February 2008|
|55 metres hurdles||7.51||Fresno, California, United States||21 January 2008|
|60 metres hurdles||7.82||Stuttgart, Germany||6 February 2010|
|100 metres hurdles||12.49||Brussels, Belgium||4 September 2009|
|60 metres||7.23||Lincoln, Nebraska, United States||26 February 2005|
|100 metres||11.44||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada||19 July 2003|
|200 metres (indoor)||23.50||Lincoln, Nebraska, United States||25 February 2006|
- All information taken from IAAF profile.
- "Priscilla Lopes-Schliep: the underdog who overcame the odds". SPIKES magazine. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- Zeisberger, Mike (2008-08-20). "De Rosario gets lifted". Slam! Sports. Sun Media. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- USA Track & Field (2011-01-11). "Young stars Rupp, Harrison to be showcased at Millrose Games". USA Track & Field. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- "Roll call: Canada's medal winners". Sympatico MSN. 2008-08-23. Retrieved 2008-08-23.[dead link]
- The Canadian Press (2008-08-19). "Lopes-Schliep wins bronze in women's 100M hurdles". TSN.ca. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- NBC Television, Olympic Evening, 19 Aug 2008
- "Lopes-Schliep takes silver in 100m hurdle". CTV Olympics. 2009-08-19. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- "IAAF 2009 World Championships Official Results". Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- Dave Feschuk (30 June 2012). "London 2012: Zelinka wins, Felicien and Lopes-Schliep fail to qualify at Olympic trials". Toronto Star. Retrieved 1 July 2012.