Pune F.C. Academy
|Full name||Pune Football Club Academy|
|Ground||Pune FC Training Ground, Mamurdi, Pune|
|Head Coach||Naushad Moosa|
Some of the senior members of the U19 team also play for the Pune F.C. "A" team which participates in the Pune Senior Division. The main U19 side is currently coached by Naushad Moosa. Ranjan Chowdhury is the Head of Youth Development at the academy.
Pune had always operated a U19 and U17 youth team since their inception in 2007 but on 23 June 2011 it was announced that the club would open an Academy at the U20 level, thus becoming the first I-League team to do so. The initial trials for the Academy were held in Pune and were attended by around 280 hopefuls. Out of the 280 players only 25 passed the trial while five extra players were called up from the then-Pune Under-19 squad, thus creating the first group of 30 players for the 2011–12 season. The clubs first tournament was the Peninsula Pune Cup which was held in September 2011 and was a pre-season tournament for Pune, Air India, and Deccan XI. The Academies first match since founding was during that tournament on 10 September against Air India. The match ended 2–1 in favor of Air India. The Pune Academy then played their first ever foreign tournament on January 2012 when they participated in the Aaha Rara Gold Cup. They however only made the semi-finals after losing to Samsung Jawalakhel 4–0.
The Academy then participated for the first time in the 2012 I-League U20 which is the official youth tournament of the I-League. Their first match was against HAL on 20 April 2012; Pune won 5–1. The team then went on to win the I-League U20 after winning all 9 matches to go undefeated.
- As of 17 November 2013
Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
This is a list of former academy graduates who have either played a match professional with Pune F.C. or any other club professionally.
- Amrinder Singh
- Denechandra Meitei
- Dhanpal Ganesh
- Fanai Lalrempuia
- Nikhil Kadam
- Salam Ranjan Singh
- Thongkhosiem Haokip
- "Pune FC to launch training academy". Indian Express. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc2axxeOaQA&feature=plcp Pune FC Academy vs. Air India
- "Aaha Rara Gold Cup: Pune FC Academy reached Pokhara". Nepali Football. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Pune FC ‘A’ ends lose in semifinal clash". India Blooms. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- http://punefc.com/?news=u-20-i-league-pune-fc-ride-on-haokip’s-trick-thrash-hal-5-1 Pune U20 5-1 HAL U20
- "U20 I-League: Champions Pune FC sign off on all-win note, down Prayag Utd 3-1". Pune Football Club. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Pune FC are the I-League U-20 champions". I-League. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- U19 squad