||This article or section relies excessively on partisan sources.
Please improve this article or discuss the issue on the talk page.(April 2013)
Putin. Corruption? (in Russian: Путин. Коррупция, Putin. Korruptsiya) is an independent report on alleged corruption in Vladimir Putin's inner circle published by the leaders of opposition liberal democratic People's Freedom Party in Russia. The report was presented by them at the press conference on 28 March 2011. This is the first large-scale project of the People's Freedom Party.
Contents of the report
The report describes the alleged enrichment of Vladimir Putin and his friends, including the 26 palaces and five yachts used by Putin and Medvedev.
- The Enrichment of the Members of the Ozero Dacha Condominium
- Putin and his Billionaire Friends
- Two Slaves on a Gilded Galley
- — Yachts
- — Villas and Palaces
- — Watches
- — Homes and Cars
The publication of the report is carried out on fundraising from the public. To this end, an account has been opened on Yandex.Money, the money transfer service operated by Yandex. The fundrasing is overseen by a supervisory board, which includes editor-in-chief of Novaya Gazeta Dmitry Muratov, journalist Oleg Kashin, economist Irina Yasina, and writer and blogger Oleg Kozyrev. During first month 1,838,209 rubles was collected.
On 13 April a tender was held to choose the printing house. The winning bid came from the printing house, which offered the lowest price for printing of one copy, 4.05 rubles. Thus, taking into account 3% commission of Yandex, it will be possible to print 440,000 copies.
The account remains open and the fundraising is continuing. The account number mentioned on the covers of the brochures.
The report is also available on the website. There one can find information on the fundraising, news and videos. On the same site, there are also other reports on Vladimir Putin.
A grey-brown colour was chosen for the cover. According to Vladimir Ryzhkov, it "symbolises the substance flooding over our country and rust, which has covered our state".
At first, a limited printing of 11,000 copies was published with the funds of the co-chairmen. Its distribution started after the presentation of 28 March 2011 and quickly ran out.
In June the first batch of the pressrun on public donations was ready. The distribution was launched on 11 June in Vladimir. The next day, a large distribution of brochures was held in Moscow during the action of "Solidarity" movement dedicated to the Russia Day. Boris Nemtsov participated in both of these events.
On 16 and 17 June police detained opposition activists, who intended to give the report to participants of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum. The police claimed that the activists held an unsanctioned rally. Another activist was detained on 23 June in Moscow.
On 18 June Boris Nemtsov participated in the distribution of the report in St Petersburg and the following day the Anti-Seliger forum near Moscow.
Earlier, Boris Nemtsov and Vladimir Milov published the following reports:
- Putin. Results. 10 years. - June 2010. Translated into English as Putin: What 10 Years of Putin Have Brought. This is a revised edition of the report Putin. Results, which came out in 2008.
- Luzhkov. Results - September 2009 (first edition)
- Sochi and the Olympics - April 2009
- Putin and the Crisis - February 2009
- Putin and Gazprom - September 2008
- Putin. Results - February 2008
- "Putin. Corruption. An Independent White Paper". Larussophobe.wordpress.com. 2011-04-03. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "Борис Немцов: Путин. Коррупция. 28.03.2011". Putinavotstavku.org. 2011-03-28. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "Борис Немцов: Наш ответ фронту жуликов и воров. 13.05.2011". Putinavotstavku.org. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "Рабы на золотых галерах. «Новая газета», 29.03.2011". Novayagazeta.ru. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- b_nemtsov 13 июня, 2011 (2011-06-13). "Борис Немцов. «Путин. Коррупция» шагает по России. 13 июня 2011 г". B-nemtsov.livejournal.com. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "День выборов. Каспаров.ру 12.06.2011". Kasparov.ru. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- neva24.ru. "Сопредседатель "Солидарности" задержан за раздачу брошюры "Путин. Коррупция" в Петербурге. Нева24.ру, 16 июня 2011". Neva24.ru. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- Софья Микитик. "Полиция в усилении. Каспаров.ру 17.06.2011". Kasparov.ru. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- b_nemtsov 17 июня, 2011 (2011-06-19). "Борис Немцов. «Путин. Коррупция». Аресты. 17.06.2011". B-nemtsov.livejournal.com. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "Елизавета Приходина: Отклонение. Сайт ОДД «Солидарность», 25.06.2011". Rusolidarnost-msk.ru. 2009-09-20. Retrieved 2014-04-24.