Putnam City High School
|Putnam City High School|
|5300 Northwest 50th Street
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73122
|Number of students||2000|
|Color(s)||Black and Orange|
|District||Putnam City School District|
Putnam City High School (commonly, PC, Putnam City Original, and PCO) is a secondary school located in Warr Acres, Oklahoma. It is one of three high schools in the Putnam City School District and serves more than 1,900 students. It is accredited by the North Central Association of Secondary Schools.
Located at Northwest 50th Street and Ann Arbor, the school's campus includes a separate building for the instruction of science and history, a large student parking lot, and the district's primary stadium used by three high schools for football, track meets, and other outdoor activities.
The school also includes two band rooms, two cafeterias, and two gymnasiums.
The district is roughly bounded by Northwest 39th Street on the south, Northwest Expressway on the north, Portland Avenue on the east and County Line Road on the west.
The Putnam City School District hosts a marching band contest, known as The Putnam City Marching Classic, annually at Putnam City High School. The Putnam City Marching Classic is Central Oklahoma’s premiere high school marching band competition. The contest welcomes bands of all sizes, as well as bands from all states, to Putnam City Stadium. Putnam City Stadium features newly updated artificial turf, ample spectator seating, and free all-day shuttles from the parking area to the front gate. Vendors and concessions are conveniently located for spectators and band members. However, the 2012 Classic was cancelled due to a lack of competitors.
- Alvan Adams, professional basketball player,Phoenix Suns,and University of Oklahoma
- Joe Aska, NFL football running back
- Bryan McCann, professional football player Dallas Cowboys Oakland Raiders Miami Dolphins Arizona Cardinals
- Nicole DeHuff, TV/movie Actress
- Stephen Dickson, opera singer
- C.J. Henry, professional baseball player New York Yankees and Kansas Jayhawks
- Xavier Henry, professional basketball player New Orleans Hornets and former Kansas University
- Steve Largent, professional football player Pro football hall of fame and former university of Tulsa wide receiver
- James B. Lewis, California-based "Super Lawyer," specialist in intellectual property law, nationally acclaimed corporate lawyer
- Joseph Opala, public historian, Africa scholar, human rights activist
- John Seward, multi-millionaire businessman, co-founder of Hobby Lobby, art photographer, patron of the arts
- Christopher Wise, literary analyst, professor, acclaimed academic
- Putnam City High School, Education.com (accessed June 15, 2010).
- School History, Putnam City High School Alumni Association (accessed June 15, 2010).