ROH World Tag Team Championship
|ROH World Tag Team Championship|
ROH World Tag Team Championship belt (April 2010-Late 2012)
|Current champion(s)||reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly And Bobby Fish)|
|Date won||March 2, 2013|
|Promotion||Ring of Honor|
|Date established||September 21, 2002|
|Other name(s)||ROH Tag Team Championship|
The Ring of Honor (ROH) World Tag Team Championship is a professional wrestling world tag team championship contested for in the American professional wrestling promotion Ring of Honor. The championship is generally contested in professional wrestling matches, in which participants usually execute scripted finishes rather than contend in direct competition.
The ROH Tag Team Championship was introduced at Unscripted on September 21, 2002, where ROH held a tournament to crown the first champions. At the time, ROH did not have actually title belts, and instead presented Christopher Daniels and Donovan Morgan, the winners of the tournament, with a trophy.
The title became the ROH World Tag Team Championship after then champions Austin Aries and Roderick Strong defeated Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino on July 9, 2006 while on a tour in Japan with Dragon Gate. Since then, the title has also been defended in the United Kingdom.
In 2010 the title belt, along with the ROH World Championship, was redesigned.
In 2012, the title belts were redesigned again, with the company's current logo.
The inaugural champions were The Prophecy (Christopher Daniels and Donovan Morgan), who defeated "The American Dragon" and Michael Modest on September 21, 2002 to become the champions. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) have the longest reign as champions with their second reign lasting 363 days. The current champions are the reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly), who are in their first reign both individually and as a team. They defeated the Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark) to win the title at the 11th Anniversary Show on March 2, 2013 in Chicago Ridge, Illinois. Overall, there have been 36 reigns among 40 different wrestlers and 22 different teams.
- Carapola, Stuart (March 2, 2013). "Complete ROH 11th Anniversary Show iPPV coverage: two title changes hands, SCUM doubles in size, and a ton of great wrestling as ROH presents their best overall event in years". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- J.D. Dunn (2006-03-31). "Dark Pegasus Video Review: Ring of Honor - Unscripted". 411Mania.com. Retrieved 2009-04-15. "Dragon and Modest destroy the tag team title trophy, but the Prophecy now holds all of the Ring of Honor titles"
- "Ring of Honor World Tag Team Championship". Ring of Honor. Retrieved April 30, 2012. "Aries & Strong defeated Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi in Japan on 7/9/06 to make the ROH Tag Titles into World Tag Team Titles"
- Ring of Honor's official title history page
- ROH Tag Team Championship History
- Gallery for the ROH World tag team title belts