Rebeca Pous Del Toro
|Rebeca Pous Del Toro|
|Birth name||Rebeca Pous Del Toro|
November 1, 1978 |
|Genres||Latin pop, pop-eurodance|
|Website||Rebeca Official Site|
She is daughter of the singer Franciska and the painter José María Pous. Rebeca's mother is the Spanish singer Paka who was born in Barcelona to a Spanish-Valencian mother and Puerto Rican father. Eliseo Del Toro a famous Puerto Rican singer is Rebeca's uncle.
She started her music career in 1996, when she was 18 years old. Her first single Más Que Un Engaño was a big hit in Spain, Latin America and U.S., while the following singles Solo Amante and Duro De Pelar, established her as a major artist in Spain and Latin America.
Her first album called Rebeca, a big success in Spain, Latin America and United States, sold 200 000 (+) and was certified 2xPlatinum in Spain. In 1997, she released her second album Rebelde, which was a big success, and was certified Gold in Spain. In 1998 she worked on the album Grease en Español and in the Grease Tour until 1999. In 1999, the album Grandes Exitos was released in Latin America and USA but not in Spain. In 2000 she released the album Brava with moderate success in Latin America and Spain. In 2002, the album, Supernatural,released. She released her latest album in 2005, a greatest hits compilation called Lo Mejor De Rebeca. 
She wrote with Tony Olson and Thomas G:son the song I Love You Mi Vida that D'Nash interpreted at 2007 Eurovision Song Contest. She tried to go to Eurovisión 4 times, in 2006 (Qué no daría yo), 2007 (I love you mi vida), 2009 (Amor radical) and 2010 (Valentino boy).
1. Solo amante
1. Todos los chicos son igual
1. Duro De Pelar
1. Yo Soy Buena
1. Duro de Pelar [África 2005 RMX]
- Lo Prefiero (unreleased)
- Que no Daría yo
- I Love you mi vida (unreleased)
- Mentiras de verdad (unreleased)
- Sola (unreleased)
- Amor Radical (unreleased)
- Goin' you loca (con Isaak)
- Duro De Pelar (European version)
- Duro De Pelar (latinoamerican version)
- Cállate Ya
- Que No Daría Yo
- Se Me Olvidó
- Valentino Boy
- She was born surrounded by artists like her father José María Pous, painter, and Paka, her mother, singer. Her cousins are the poet David Ortiz Arglero and the actor Benicio del Toro and Suso de Toro, who has a dog.
- She has now decided to pose after she was on a reality TV show "Adventure in Africa", which made her suffer a little bit, but despite this she reached 4th position among the finalists.
- Dance style and Spanish singer Rebeca takes her clothes off on Spanish "Interviú" magazine. 
- In 2013 she participated in an advertisement where she showed her amazing interpretative skills. The main theme of the advertisement was an improved version of her epically successful song "Duro de pelar".
- In 2014 she was attacked by 200 mosquitos and evacuated from the island of the Spanish reality "Supervivientes"