Red River Exhibition
|Red River Exhibition|
The Red River Exhibition 2006
|Location(s)||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
The Red River Exhibition (or "The EX" for short) is a ten-day festival hosted every summer, in June, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The event takes place at Exhibition Park and features a midway, concerts, stage shows, and agricultural exhibits. The park is operated by the Red River Exhibition Association, a not-for-profit organization.
The Ex was started in 1952 at the Osborne Stadium complex near the Manitoba Legislative Building. It later moved to the Polo Park Race Track and then to the Winnipeg Stadium, Winnipeg Arena, and Winnipeg Velodrome facilities.
In 1997, it moved to its present location. The total amount of land owned at the western edge of Winnipeg 480 acres (1.9 km2). Red River Exhibition Park was built as a multi-purpose facility on only 90 of those acres leaving almost 400 acres (1.6 km2) for future growth and expansion.
Other Canadian annual fairs
- Canadian National Exhibition - Toronto
- Calgary Stampede - Calgary
- Edmonton K-Days - Edmonton
- Pacific National Exhibition - Vancouver
- Central Canada Exhibition - Ottawa
- Canadian Lakehead Exhibition - Thunder Bay
- Markham Fair - Markham, Ontario
- Royal Agricultural Winter Fair - Toronto
- Royal Manitoba Winter Fair - Brandon, Manitoba
- Schomberg Fair - Schomberg, Ontario
- Sooke Fall Fair - Sooke, British Columbia
- Streetsville Bread and Honey Festival - Mississauga
- Western Fair - London, Ontario
|This Manitoba-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|